Vote Rating
    tf.alves is on a distinguished road

Question Custom List Item

Custom List Item

Hi everyone,

How can I use a custom template for a list item in Sencha Designer? I'd like to create a container with buttons and such and then be able to use it in a List Item as the default template for each item in that list.

Thanks.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bharatn is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Does List itemTpl config not serve your purpose?
    Bharat Nagwani
    Sencha Designer Development Team

Vote Rating

I guess it will do. I think I was overlooking the correct way of doing things... The way I intended to do it wouldn't work anyway, I see it now. I think I just figured how to do it using the itemTpl!

Thanks!

Sencha - Architect Dev Team jjohnston's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jjohnston will become famous soon enough jjohnston will become famous soon enough

To add some additional info: assuming you're building a Touch project, it sounds like you might be looking for the component-based DataView that is newly introduced in Touch 2: http://docs.sencha.com/touch/2-0/#!/...view-section-4 -- that would allow you to create a data view item by assembling components and have that set of components repeated for each item.

Unfortunately, we do not yet have support for creating component-based data view items in Designer -- we plan to support this soon however.
    Jason Johnston
    @lojjic
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating

Yes! That's what I was trying to do. But I guess I'll try to work around with the templates for now. If something goes wrong in the future and this kind of DataView customizations becomes really essential for my project then I'll hand code it myself

Thank you all for being so helpful!

Thread Participants: 2