Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for DSGNR-1443 in a recent build.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    martinrame is on a distinguished road

Default Cannot call method 'on' of undefined

Cannot call method 'on' of undefined

Hi, I think this is a bug. When I define an Ext.grid.Panel with a store, and the store has a different value in the fields "userClassName and storeId" I got "Cannot call method 'on' of undefined" in Chrome, or "Item is undefined" on FireBug.

So, storeId and userClassName must be equal. Shouldn't this be addressed correctly in Designer?.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team jjohnston's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jjohnston will become famous soon enough jjohnston will become famous soon enough

Thanks for reporting this. It appears to be a quirk of Ext4's MVC layer -- stores declared in the Application or in a Controller are registered in the store manager by their class name rather than their store id.

We definitely need to handle this in Designer in some way, whether that is always syncing storeId to the userClassName, switching components to use the userClassName in their store references, or some other solution. I will open a ticket for us to figure this out.

This is not a problem in Touch 2.0, by the way.
    Jason Johnston
    @lojjic
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Starting in build #353, we will automatically update stores so that this doesn't happen.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 2