Vote Rating
    Answers
    tf.alves is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Scroll to list item on itemTap event

Answered: Scroll to list item on itemTap event

Hi everyone,

I want to scroll to the selected item on a list. My problem is, the itemTap event is passing me a DataView to my Controller Action. As you know, the DataView doesn't have a "scroller" instance, nor scrolling behavior related methods. How do I get my list, and how do I get it to scroll to the selected item?

I suppose the scroller.scrollTo method still exists in Sencha Touch 2... but if I could only get the List instead of a DataView...

Please help!

P.s. I'm currently using the Sencha Designer

2. You can call dataview.getScrollable() and if that returns a Scrollable instance, call getScroller() to get the scroller. Then call scrollTo as needed.

Vote Rating
    Answers
    Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough Jamie Avins is a jewel in the rough

You can call dataview.getScrollable() and if that returns a Scrollable instance, call getScroller() to get the scroller. Then call scrollTo as needed.

Sencha Inc

Jamie Avins

@jamieavins

Vote Rating
    Answers
    tf.alves is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jamie! I tried that before but wasn't getting the results I wanted, so I thought it wasn't the proper way of doing this. I just found the method documentation in the API Docs! The getScroller method description was rather confusing to me.

Thanks once again, you guys rock!

Thread Participants: 1