Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    paul_todd is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: Controller and id resolutionadd

Answered: Controller and id resolutionadd

Hi,

I have a controller with a ref of myListview #myAddButton.

ref {
    add: 'myListview #myAddButton'
    }

I also have a control with
    control: {
    add: {tap: 'onAddTapped'}
    }

If I have another view with a button with an id of #myAddButton but no controller then the other view seems to get called rather than this controller. If I rename the myAddButton id to something else then it works fine.

The question is do the id's for elements have to be unique across all views in order for the controller to route properly?

2. id has to be unique, itemsId has to be unique to that container. It is best to stay away from them for this reason. I use a custom property 'action' to specify what a button is for.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

id has to be unique, itemsId has to be unique to that container. It is best to stay away from them for this reason. I use a custom property 'action' to specify what a button is for.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    paul_todd is on a distinguished road

mmm,

I had one panel where I had a list and a button in it and another panel where I had a different list id but the same button id. Both panels had different ids and xtypes. These two panels were in a card layout in another panel..

It ran ok and the buttons were being controlled by a controller.

Should I have got an error if there were duplicate id's?
    ie the ref I had, specifically said that I wanted to use the id within the xtype specified

Ext.define('MyApp.controller.MyController', {
    extend: 'Ext.app.Controller',
    config: {
    refs: {
    add: 'myxtypepanel #mybutton'
    },
    control: {
    add: {
    tap: 'onMyButton'
    },
    }
    }