Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Moinsen is on a distinguished road

Question buffered grid - buffered store in Ext 4.1b2

buffered grid - buffered store in Ext 4.1b2

Hi,

i have a buffered grid which works perfect in Ext Js 3.4 and 4.07. The data is fetched during scrolling in 100 blocks and displayed in the grid. In 4.1b2 it stops after the first block and hangs. The second data block is ok as i can see in Firebug. I read about this issue here in the Forum before.

Please let me know if there is a fix or a workaround for this. Maybe the API changed?

Thanks!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I'm unsure about your issue. Launching the example for the buffered grid, it is working just fine.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

In the buffered grid example you are working with: store.cacheRecords(records);
    Our 'buffered grid' is working with a own proxy. It looks like this:

Ext.define('MyProxy', {
    extend: 'Ext.data.AjaxProxy',
    constructor: function(config) {
    MyProxy.superclass.constructor.call(this, config);
    this.initConfig(config);
    logInfo("MyProxy.constructor()");
    },
    doRequest: function(operation, callback, scope) {
    logInfo("MyProxy.doRequest() starts");

pageRequest(operation, callback, scope);
    logInfo("MyProxy.doRequest() ends");
    return;
    }
    });

So doRequest is triggered by verticalScrollerType: 'paginggridscroller' from the grid. If you scroll down at a certain point a new doRequest is triggered and the next 100 records are added to the grid. pageRequest is controlled by operation.page and operation.limit and delivers the next records with a database request.
    To start the whole thing its enough to say: bufferStore.guaranteeRange(0, count -1);

Hope this makes it clear. Thank you!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Question

I tested it with 4.1b3. Now guaranteeRange even not starts the first doRequest on the proxy. So the behavior for buffered 'Reading' changes each build.

Please let me know how to do buffered reading now. It cannot use cacheRecords because there are some ten thousand records to fetch. So i have to fetch them in handy blocks.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

The guaranteeRange method had been broken in 4.1 for sometime, but should be fixed in the next build (the fixes are already in the nightly build).

See http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...rolling-in-4.1
    Don Griffin
    Engineering Manager - Frameworks (Ext JS / Sencha Touch)

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Thread Participants: 2