Wait! Looks like we don't have enough information to add this to bug database. Please follow this template bug format.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    bseddon will become famous soon enough

Default TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object

TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object

I've seen people post errors like this. The times I've seen are when the designer appears to try to show an animation. For example I've seen it occur when the designer window is resized or maximized (though this does not seem repeatable).

To me it seems to be related to an animation because when when I see the error message the designer background is grayed out. If I press 'Ignore' the next step in the animation occurs and the background lightens. After pressing the 'Ignore' button several times the animation completes, the designer window is not greyed out and the error message no longer appears.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

bseddon -

Thanks for the insight. You are probably right about an animation triggering this specific issue.

In our production builds, we do not currently have a way to denote between one bug and another. The error which you have seen displayed could be the result of many different bugs. We will be fixing this issue so that the error messages our customers report actually have meaning for us.

For right now, we need the steps required to reproduce the issue and then we will get a "real" error message that tells us what the root of the problem is instead of just the generic "TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object".
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    bseddon will become famous soon enough

Sure, steps to re-create a problem are ideal.

BTW, I've become more impressed the more I've used the designer and realized how its features work and can be used to do most things plus, of course, no guessing about the parameters names and options.

I'm looking forward to future iterations as you build out the functionality.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for the feedback. Always good to hear that people are enjoying our work
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Praise!

Thanks
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Thread Participants: 2