Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jsweere is on a distinguished road

Post Unanswered: Issue with setting the active item, of an active item.

Unanswered: Issue with setting the active item, of an active item.

The view in question would logically be something like this:

I have a view with 2 items. A list, and a detailed page that I slide to upon clicking an item of the list. The detailed item is a vertical carousel with 2 items, one a panel, and the second is another carousel that contains a panel, and a list. I have managed to get everything to work with the double carousel, so no issues there. My issue lies with a segmented button that is in a toolbar docked at the top of the second carousel. I was wanting to allow the user to flip between the 2 pages of this carousel with this segmented button as well as the slide to flip action the carousel provides.

So based on the above scenario, I am trying to setActiveItem of an activeItem of the activeItem. Thick, I know lol.

I attempted to call an alert of what the active item of the view was and I got some function back. I took that function and set it to a variable in order to try and see what the active item of it was, but the result came back undefined, leaving me lost.

Any advice on handling this issue. Also, is toggle the proper event to use for the segmented button I described above?

Any and all feedback would be a major help.

Thanks in advance,
    Joe

ps: Why is the forum often in spanish? I've checked all my settings and I have no clue why this happens. Just curious.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The toolbar is an item of the carousel that you want to flip between right?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jsweere is on a distinguished road

The toolbar is indeed an item of the carousel. However, it doesn't move whenever you flip between it's two items, nor do I want it to.

Thread Participants: 1