Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Tobias2200 is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: New B3 NavigationView confusion

Unanswered: New B3 NavigationView confusion

I am struggling with the new navigationview behaviour that was introduced with B3, where the navigation stack and the items property of the navigationview are synced.

I used to use navigationview like a container with card layout, with setActiveItem, this worked perfectly, I had all the panels in the items property, and could push them onto the navigationview stack.
    With B3 you synced the items proeprty and the stack together, which has created a problem for me.

Now one can't put all the panels that should be available to show in the items property, so these panels have to be created on-the-fly. (e.g. click on a button, create a new panel, show it). However now I cannot use the "control" property of controllers to hook into events, because the panels are created after the controller is initialized.
    e.g.: I have a panel "tasklist" which hooks into the "select" event of a list it contains. I have
    Code:
    control : {
       'todolist':
           {
                select : ...
            }
    }
    in my controller. But this does not work when I create the view on-the-fly, because the controller is initialized before that.
    I have several questions:

1. What is best-practice for hooking into events of panels that are created on the fly?
    2. Is there a better way to use the "new" navigationview, than creating all panels on the fly?
    3. Will the navigationview stay like this in future releases? (I would prefer if you provided 2 navigationview's, one with the old behaviour and one with the new)

Thank you very much in advance!

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

If you have your different componentquery selectors in the control config, even if the items are created dynamically it should still listen for it. A listener in control isn't bound to any one component.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Tobias2200 is on a distinguished road

thanks for your reply, it works the way you described indeed, i seemed to have had something else wrong.
    however it seems to be that there are some problems with using id's in the componentquery, but i haven't had time yet to make a test project for demonstration.

also last time i checked, using only an xtype in the componentquery, only worked with show/hide events, and using only an id in the query only worked with painted/erased events. I will test this some more and then provide test cases, but maybe you can also have a look into it.

Thread Participants: 1