hotdp will become famous soon enough

Question Cleaning up items in Card layout

Cleaning up items in Card layout

Hey,
    In ST1 I used:
    Code:
    cardswitch: function(thisPanel, newCard, oldCard) {
    if (oldCard) {
                    if (thePanel.items.indexOf(oldCard) > thePanel.items.indexOf(newCard)) {
                        this.remove(oldCard, true);
                    }
                }
        },
    So everytime I put a new Card in the container nothing happend but if I went back it would delete the old card. By doing so the number of items stayed small.

I am trying to do the same thing in ST2 without any luck:
    Code:
    onSearchContainerActiveItemChange: function(container, value, oldValue, options) {
            if(oldValue){
                if (container.items.indexOf(oldValue) > container.items.indexOf(value)) {
                    container.remove(oldValue, true);
                }
            }
        }
    Is ActiveItemChange run before or after the item is changed?
    What am I doing wrong? And how can I solve this issue.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The activeitemchange event should fire after the activeitem has been changed but you may run into issues with the animation.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    estesbubba will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    The activeitemchange event should fire after the activeitem has been changed but you may run into issues with the animation.
    Believe we ran into the animation problem and used Ext.defer to remove the item. This allowed the animation to complete before removing the card. I don't have the code any more as we are using NavigationView which now auto destroys on pop. It used to not do that so we listened to activeitemchange.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by estesbubba View Post
    Believe we ran into the animation problem and used Ext.defer to remove the item. This allowed the animation to complete before removing the card. I don't have the code any more as we are using NavigationView which now auto destroys on pop. It used to not do that so we listened to activeitemchange.
    Oh my, I would love to have that code...

When I use RemoveAt I get animation problems. When I use Remove I get Stack problems.

Would love to use the Navigation View but my problems is that I have different buttons in the Toolbar on the different Views. As I see it I can't add buttons to the Navigation View Toolbar.

@mitchellsimoens What is the best way to solve this problem and keeping the number of items in the Card layout small?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Found the code when we would remove old view from NavigationView. NavigationView is just a container with card layout and convenience functions. You can add your own items to the toolbar by view.getNavigationBar().

Code:
        onPop: function(container, view, opts) {
            Ext.defer(container.remove, 100, this, [view]);
        }

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by estesbubba View Post
    Found the code when we would remove old view from NavigationView. NavigationView is just a container with card layout and convenience functions. You can add your own items to the toolbar by view.getNavigationBar().

Code:
        onPop: function(container, view, opts) {
            Ext.defer(container.remove, 100, this, [view]);
        }
    Does pop not normally destroy the item? Or are there also gettig more and more items there?

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

autoDestroy is true for navview so pop should destroy.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Deferring a certain amount of milliseconds helps a lot. I usually do a couple hundred as it lets the DOM settle down a little form the animation but quick enough before the user can start interacting.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.