Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Banleno007 is on a distinguished road

Default so is there an offical RTL support for extjs?

so is there an offical RTL support for extjs?

i've seen may post on this, but they all date to 2009 , my main questions, is there an offical RTL support in extjs?

or is it still a side project?

Thanks

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

It was pushed back to Ext JS 4.2
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    dboccabella is on a distinguished road

Approximately 6 months ago I was offered on this forum a chance to participate in the alpa/beta "by year end". We are now at a critical point that we need to start implementing RTL functionality for a large customer and need to either get a pre-release version or consider moving away from ExtJS for our applications.

Can you please provide an update?

Vote Rating
    Behrang is on a distinguished road

Default ExtJS Mirror

ExtJS Mirror

I've created an RTL solution for ExtJS 4.1.

It is called ExtJS Mirror and is on GitHub:

- http://behrang.github.com/extjs-mirror/
    - https://github.com/behrang/extjs-mirror

Sencha - Community Support Team sword-it's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    sword-it is a jewel in the rough sword-it is a jewel in the rough sword-it is a jewel in the rough sword-it is a jewel in the rough

Default RTL Support for Ext JS

RTL Support for Ext JS

Official support in ExtJS for RTL was due in 4.1 but has been pushed back.

RTL is useful. But, it is not supported widely in browsers.

ExtJS 4.2 is likely to support RTL.
    sword-it.com, Sencha Developer House in Turkey - Istanbul University Technopark Suite 204.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sword-it View Post
    ExtJS 4.2 is likely to support RTL.
    This is not guaranteed, it is something that we really really want to happen.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    baron- is on a distinguished road

We bought a license for Ext 2.2 and are still using that version along with the RTL community support that was provided with that version. I figured it's time to upgrade to 4.x to support new browsers, and saw promises on your site that 4.x would officially support RTL.

First of all, I just spent over a week fixing over 100 things that broke when I upgraded from 2 to 4 and I still haven't finished.

Now I find out that RTL support is non-existent, even with a community version (Behrang's hack does not work), and it isn't even guaranteed for 4.2.x!

Do you realize that RTL is not a 'nice-to-have' feature? 'sword-it' said that it is 'useful' - a very ignorant remark. It is CRITICAL. We have no Product without it. Our Hebrew/Arabic customers will not use or buy the product without it.

You must really hate your loyal customers. Now I have no choice but to downgrade back to 2.2 and I am even considering rewriting everything and using another library so that I can get RTL and latest browser support.

Please, is there any good news you can tell me?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    baron- is on a distinguished road

I guess there is no good news.

FYI, my company decided to gradually move to another library and not to buy v4.x. But it may change its mind if something comes out before then.

Vote Rating
    Behrang is on a distinguished road

Default What was the problem with ExtJS-Mirror?

What was the problem with ExtJS-Mirror?

Can I ask what was the problem that you said my project doesn't work?

Please note that I haven't worked on cross-browser compatibility. For now it is a proof of concept that it can work on chrome, and should be able to work on other browsers.

PS: I will work on cross-browser compatibility soon.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Bruno34Slifer is on a distinguished road

Default Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone

I was just browsing for relevant posts for my research and I happened to stumble upon yours. Thanks for the useful information!