Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pleuraxeraphim is on a distinguished road

Default Localization: Efficient way to use Spring MVC localization and Ext-JS

Localization: Efficient way to use Spring MVC localization and Ext-JS

Hi

I am using Spring MVC - ResourceBundleMessageSource/SessionLocaleResolver
    for localization with the locale message stored in a properties file on the server.
    I then have placed the Ext-JS code in a JSP file and I access the locale messages as follows:

<spring:message code="panel1.applyMessage"/>

This all works perfectly.

However, from an efficiency point of view, should the Ext-JS code be in JS files instead ?
    If so then I wont be able to use the Spring messages. What is the best way to fetch the messages ?
    Anyone have any pointers as to correct way to do this ?

Cheers Dave

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Not having used this before, are you able to get all locale upfront?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    pleuraxeraphim is on a distinguished road

Yeah I can get all locale messages to the client. However I don't think that this would be the most efficient way of doing this as it might slow the client. Should I be using ajax calls to get locale messages ?

Ideally all my Ext-Js should be in JS files and I shoul;d then use Ajax or something to fetch the locale messages instead of using Spring Messages ? Would that be correct ?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Ajax is async so if you want to wait for the ajax to return to create your component that is fine.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    aday.guerra is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by pleuraxeraphim View Post
    Hi

I am using Spring MVC - ResourceBundleMessageSource/SessionLocaleResolver
    for localization with the locale message stored in a properties file on the server.
    I then have placed the Ext-JS code in a JSP file and I access the locale messages as follows:

<spring:message code="panel1.applyMessage"/>

This all works perfectly.

However, from an efficiency point of view, should the Ext-JS code be in JS files instead ?
    If so then I wont be able to use the Spring messages. What is the best way to fetch the messages ?
    Anyone have any pointers as to correct way to do this ?

Cheers Dave
    Hi Dave,

Did you make this work in the original way you were trying? I mean, did you get Spring messages (tags) be resolve inside of a external Js file?

Thanks

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jiffyjub is on a distinguished road

Default anyone

anyone

Anyone has ideas on how to get the localization without the spring message tag ?