Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    toole1 is on a distinguished road

Default Row Editor Grid in Designer checkcolumn

Row Editor Grid in Designer checkcolumn

Is there a way to create a checkbox column using designer? I have the plugin there, but I can't set the xtype on the column to checkbox. Am I missing something? Would it be possible to change the xtype on an event? The current column type is gridcolumn. I also tried using a booleancolumn, but that didn't work either. I am trying to use the new designer to do most of the project, like I did with the old designer, so the design can be easily maintained in the future.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Did you try adding a checkbox selection model?
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes, that only lets me select a line and does not work the way the the example for a row selector grid does with the checkcolumn model. I just can't figure out how to get this to work inside the new designer.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I have data coming from the server sending back 1 or 0 and the model field defined as boolean. When I run with the column setup as a gridcolumn it shows the words 'true' or 'false'. If I manually change the ui.js file with the the grid column definition and make the xtype 'checkcolumn' the column is just blank. When I add a checkbox selection model, I just get a column before the others that is a checkbox with all the values unchecked. My column that is tied to the data is still there, but works as described above. Can I tie the checkbox selection model column to incoming data? Am I missing something else? Why isn't checkcolumn one of the choices for a grid column type?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Will Check Column be included as a grid column type in the final release of Designer 2?

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    marc.fearby will become famous soon enough

I'm trying to do the ol' "booleancolumn" search and replace switcheroo to "checkcolumn" but I can't see any checkboxes. I'm hoping for a checkbox column inclusion in Designer 2.0 or Ext JS 4.1, whichever (one that isn't a UX).

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

checkbox selection model?
    Screen Shot 2012-03-14 at 1.36.52 AM.jpg
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

The Checkbox selection model works great to select a record, but what if I have a field that is a boolean and I want it to display as a checkbox that is selected or not selected? Checkbox selection model does not work for this and there is a checkcolumn xtype ui. The checkcolumn is even used in an example on the ExtJS site as a field in the Row Editing Grid Example. Any ideas on how to add this xtype in when using the designer to do a project?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

toole1 -

We currently do not support visually designing with (3rd party) user extensions. You are welcome to include these additional files in your project and instantiate instances of them via overrides. However, any components which are built within designer and saved to toolbox will be able to be re-used.

We have plans to support the visual design editing of 3rd party components in the future, post GA.

Note: 3rd party user extensions can include extensions to the library that we have written and are in the examples directory but are NOT a proper part of the library standard.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

aconran- Would you have an example of how to do this with the new designer structure? With the changes 3 to 4 ExtJS changes and the Designer changes, I would appreciate a little help. Thanks in advance.