Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    UbuntuPenguin is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Arrange Items in a DataItem

Unanswered: Arrange Items in a DataItem

Hello Everyone,
    I am using a DataItem and I REALLY appreciate the addition to ST2. I would like to be able arranged the components in the same way one arranges child items in every other component. However I have found that the rendering components which are responsible for the data are always rendered to the right of anything I may have in my items config.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure I follow
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers

Okay. Basically in a DataItem you have components declared in the dataMap, and then you have components declared in the items array of the config. My problem is that it seems like the items in the item config are laid out first, then the items in the DataMap are laid out. I was wondering if there was a way I could manipulate the exact order the items array and data map items are laid out.

Thanks for your help.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    landed is on a distinguished road

Default I'm trying to get this new feature working as well...

I'm trying to get this new feature working as well...

I see no items{} in the example given here is my version of that code for the item renderer...
    I should say that I have yet to be able to get a list kind of thing working as a page/view in a tab managed setup..
    here is the item renderer, i get a blank screen but note
    1) there are no list of items in config see github https://github.com/senchalabs/compon...ensListItem.js
    2) I have tried to add my own label field that should be added to each record.
    3) the example http://www.sencha.com/blog/dive-into...ouch-2-beta-2/

I feel that

Code:
    lab:{    xtype: 'label',//would think this will render out non dynamic at least !			html: 'My label!'
    			}
    needs
    Code:
    applyLab:function(config){		alert('apply lab');
    		return Ext.factory(config, Ext.Label, this.getLab());
    		}
    why does my data view not work ??? get no errors. As always most examples are not tab views. Tab views bring a complexity that has made my work hard for the past 2 weeks and I'm not further forward with this part of the project.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers

Hey landed,
    Next time you might want to consider starting a whole new thread since the issues concerning the original posts and your posts are quite different. That way your issue will get more attention instead of being buried 4 posts down in a thread that doesn't match your problem.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers

I was trying to help you by stating there was no items part to this file. Did you bother to read it ?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

That is just inherited from Ext.Container but you don't actually use the items array. That config should be hidden for the DataItem.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Answers

That's cool. I need to rephrase my question so it actually makes sense and reflects what I am trying to do. How can I add a component (Ext.Button) that isn't tied to a field on my model.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Answers

Thats what I was saying see my post actually read it and TRY it - I am trying to add a label to understand how this is working.