Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    worthlutz is on a distinguished road

Default Why the change from Beta 2 to RC?

Why the change from Beta 2 to RC?

I had a sample app running on Beta 2 and it crashes on the new RC. The error was that it could not find the xtypes for the items array.

Instead of just listing the controllers in the app.js and then listing the views, models and stores in the controller code file, I had to add all the views, models and stores to app.js. They did not load otherwise.

Is this the desired method or was I doing it wrong before? I was of the understanding that only the controllers needed to be listed in the application. That seems to be what I am doing with Extjs.

Code:
    Ext.Loader.setConfig({enabled: true});
    Ext.application(
      { name: 'JC',
        controllers: [ 'ParcelInfo', 'Location' ],

// HAD TO ADD THESE THREE LINES TO GET IT TO WORK
        views:       [ 'HomePage', 'ParcelInfo', 'Location' ],
        models:      [ 'ParcelData' ],
        stores:      [ 'ParcelData', 'Location' ],

launch: function() {
          //  +++ The whole app UI lives in this tab panel  +++
          Ext.Viewport.add(
            { xtype: 'tabpanel',
              fullscreen: true,
              tabBarPosition: 'bottom',
              items: [ 
                { xtype: 'homepage' },
                { xtype: 'parcelinfo' },
                { xtype: 'locationinfo' }
              ]
            }
          )
        }
      }
    );

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Originally it was taken out due to performance of creating the get methods for the views. I believe Ed has put the views back into the controllers but the get methods will not be created, the classes will just be loaded.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    worthlutz is on a distinguished road

Thanks for your answer. I've only been at this on and off for about a week and 1/2 and learning the MVC of Extjs and Touch at the same time. I cannot always find the page explaining what I'm trying to do as I've read so many in the last week. Much power is here. If I can only harness it!From your answer, I gleam that for Estjs 4:
    Only the controllers of the xtypes in the items array of the application need be listed in the application. The other files will be listed in the controller and requested from there when that file is read.
    And for Touch 2:
    All the views, models, controllers and stores need to be in the arrays in the application.
    Have I gotten this correct? If so, please mark this to be added to the documentation.Thanks,Worth

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

That is correct however this is being put back in
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1