Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jbeich is on a distinguished road

Default MVC view based on heirarchical object model

MVC view based on heirarchical object model

I'm building an mvc view that's backed by a heirarchical object model. It's basically a grid w/ some groupings. So I've got to take the heirarchical object model and shape it into tabular data which I'll build a store from. Where does the shaping code belong? the view?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

That's up to you. Personally I'd have the Store/Model map to the data I want.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jbeich is on a distinguished road

Right I've got to get the model/store to reflect the data I want in that grid (the view). That's what I said. Or did you mean something different by "map to the data I want"?

My question is: where is the appropriate place to handle transforming data from a hierarchical object model into a tabular model appropriate for display in a grid?

So let's say your service gives you back (I'll just use object literal here, admittedly not valid json) { a: "foo", b: [ "bar1", "bar2" ] } and you want that to look like [ { a: "foo", b: "bar1" }, {a: "foo", b: "bar2" } ], or some other translation, so you can use it to build a store. Where would you do that? You can't just point your store to the url that provides that original object, right? You need it to be in a row-like format.

Thread Participants: 1