Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Marc-QNX is on a distinguished road

Lightbulb Feature request: Add itemtap event to Ext.tab.Panel

Feature request: Add itemtap event to Ext.tab.Panel

I'd like to request that an itemtap event be added to Ext.tab.Panel. This event would trigger whenever the user taps an item in the tab panel's tab bar even if this is the item that is already active, with the event parameters including the previously active item and the newly tapped item - similar to activeitemchange.

This would allow us to offer a better user experience as we could use this as a shortcut to the 'home' screen of a tab in cases where users could be several panels deep in a specific tab.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Code:
    var tabbar = tabpanel.getTabBar();

tabbar.on({
        tap : someFunction,

delegate : '> tab',
        scope : tabpanel
    });
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

While that does trigger an event, there's no way to determine which tab was active before the tap event, which is required for the functionality that I'm trying to achieve.

This is a bit confusing as the docs mention that the tap event is cancellable on the Tab object, so I would have assumed that it would trigger before the tab actually changes (which would let us know what was previously active) -- unless this is a bug?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Fixed with
    Code:
    order: 'before'

Thread Participants: 1