Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    g13013 is on a distinguished road

Default Suggestion [feature request]

Suggestion [feature request]

Hi dev team,
    As I test the designer, I notice that somme features would be very helpful without talking about the initComponent editing posibility that was discussed many times, and as I know it's planned.

1-it would be good if the designer could detect functions and null as a value for a custom property.
    2-The possibility to edit the constructor also, especially for stores would be good.

that's it for now

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is just really nice ssamayoa is just really nice ssamayoa is just really nice ssamayoa is just really nice ssamayoa is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by g13013 View Post
    1-it would be good if the designer could detect functions and null as a value for a custom property.
    What you mean?

2-The possibility to edit the constructor also, especially for stores would be good.
    Wellcome to the club!

I think Sencha should allow the editing of those for "advanced users" (put a BIG notice that you may break your code when you do that) instead of allways fencing or protecting naive or new users.

I have the impression that framework to do that is already in place but Sencha's developers are trying to be sure that you dont break things making dynamic language (JS) as strong typed one (say OP or java).

They are trying to be preasant with God and Evel (advanced users and naive ones, you choose who is who) at the same time.

Regards.
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by ssamayoa View Post
    What you mean?
    Designer does not allow initializing custom properties to null, it raises and undefined error.

for the functions, I wanted for example to attach a store to a component, there is two ways to do it. From a function ideally iniComponent function, or just put in the config the return value of Ext.getStore('storeId') , like that

{
    xtype:'panel',
    store:Ext.getStore('storeId')
    }

but a this stage every function that I put is converted to empty string.
    Last edited by g13013; 24 Feb 2012 at 8:25 PM. Reason: syntaxe mistake in the example

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    CaliLuke is on a distinguished road

Don't be so negative, we said before that many restrictions will be dropped over time as we improve our ability to understand user-made changes. It's a time consuming process and we have many other things to finish in order to have a good 2.0 launch, but after that there will be 2.1, 2.2 and so on.

I think we have shown enough flexibility and good faith with other changes and tweaks to be granted the benefit of the doubt at this point, right?

C'mon, be our friend
    --
    Luca Candela
    twitter: @luckymethod

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Good work indeed, it's just a request

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Designer does not allow initializing custom properties to null, it raises and undefined error.

for the functions, I wanted for example to attach a store to a component, there is two ways to do it. From a function ideally iniComponent function, or just put in the config the return value of Ext.getStore('storeId') , like that

{
    xtype:'panel',
    store:Ext.getStore('storeId')
    }

but a this stage every function that I put is converted to empty string.
    for this specific example the string 'storeId' would automatically lookup the store, you don't have to put in Ext.getStore()
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

for this specific example the string 'storeId' would automatically lookup the store, you don't have to put in Ext.getStore()
    Hi,
    even if the base class of component "ex:panel" doesn't have a property 'store' ?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Uhm why would you do that unless you were developing some sort of custom component?

You could add store: 'storeId' as a custom property and then use Ext.StoreMgr.lookup just like we would.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Yes it's a custom component, and i was'nt aware of the lookup() function thanks for the tip.

I am just wondering, what is more performant gettting store with Ext.getStore() at each time I need it in hte component or attach the store as I do now and invoque like component.store ? for me my method is more efficient! what do you think ?