Vote Rating
    MD is on a distinguished road

Default Better Communication of New Release Availability Please

Better Communication of New Release Availability Please

I'd like to suggest/request that new release availablity be better communicated across the forums, blog, product, download pages, and the newsletter.

I check the Sencha Blog daily as part of my morning routine, less frequently the forums, and even less frequently the product download page.

I was a bit miffed this morning to find, while checking for something else in the forum, that there was a sticky from Edmund noting Ext JS 4.1 Beta 3 had been released.

It's now 4 days later, and there's zero mention of it on the Sencha Blog, and nothing has been updated on the main Ext JS 4 Download page to reflect that it's out. This has been the case for the past several releases.

Sure, I could check all 3 main spots each day, but really one shouldn't have to dig through every section just to become aware of a new release.

I fully understand and respect that there's an immense workload with all Sencha's products currently under development, but spending an extra few minutes to better communicate availability would be very helpful to customers/users.

Ext JS Premium Member tvanzoelen's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about tvanzoelen has a spectacular aura about

Well you didn't miss much. Still bugs. I think the finals should be properly announced. But if you're willing to help debug, you have a point.

Vote Rating
    ykey has a spectacular aura about ykey has a spectacular aura about

Not saying its ideal but I usually find out about releases by following @Sencha and the development team on twitter. Try @dongryphon or @msims84 for ExtJS 4.1 related news.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light LesJ is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by ykey View Post
    Not saying its ideal but I usually find out about releases by following @Sencha and the development team on twitter. Try @dongryphon or @msims84 for ExtJS 4.1 related news.
    Good suggestion. I also use twitter to learn about new releases.

Follow these Sencha people @edspencer and @ariyahidayat in addition to the above mentioned.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Christiand is on a distinguished road

I simply add a column #sencha, #extjs, #extjs4 and #senchatouch in twitter.