Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for DSGNR-1459 in a recent build.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    badgerb1 is on a distinguished road

Default Designer does not store functions with exported components

Designer does not store functions with exported components

Hi all,

When I export a component and then import it into another project, the Basic Functions do not appear with it. The event handlers do come over however.

To reproduce.
    Create a new component,
    Add a Basic Function
    Export the component
    Import into a new project.
    Add component to a view.
    Look at code for new component. You will see that it does not include the basic function defined above.

Thanks
    Bob

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Never mind, just realized what's going on here.

The functions are still in the js file that actually defines the component, they just don't show up on the designer anymore. Makes sense.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks
    Bob

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

In general I think your right to think they should show up in Designer.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Yeah, probably to reduce confusion, and it was weird too because the event handler did show up and was able to be modified, which I don't think is a good thing either, it means that updates to the base Component won't be reflected in the other projects that use it.

I.E.
    If I have a component that has a click handler in it to do something specific for the component, and I use it in another project, the handler gets put directly into the implementation of the new project. If I later change the click handler in the component, the new project still has the old implementation hardcoded into it.

Thanks
    Bob

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by badgerb1 View Post
    it was weird too because the event handler did show up and was able to be modified, which I don't think is a good thing either, it means that updates to the base Component won't be reflected in the ot
    This is by design, though I agree there is need to share "libraries" across projects and companies. Expect features like this later this year.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Vote Rating
    jjohnston will become famous soon enough jjohnston will become famous soon enough

Hi Bob, thanks for reporting the issue. We have tried reproducing this in a current development build and can't make the issue occur; the function is persisted correctly and re-appears in the inspector after importing. If there are any additional details required to reproduce the issue please let us know, otherwise we'll resolve this as having been fixed already.
    Jason Johnston
    @lojjic

Thread Participants: 2