Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    paucarre is on a distinguished road

Default It is not possible to change cell styles

It is not possible to change cell styles

There is no way to change the cell styles of a grid. It is only possible to change the text styles, but not the whole cell.
    There is a way to change the whole cell style in the 2.x version as explained in:
    http://ui-programming.blogspot.com/2010/01/gxt-how-to-set-cell-grid-background.html
    You should use ColumnData class to modify the styles of the grid. This class exitsts in GXT 3.x but it is not accessible from the renderer. It is to say, the operation "public void render(Cell.Context context, C value, SafeHtmlBuilder sb)" of the class "PropertyDisplayCell<C>" cant access any instance of the class "ColumnData".
    Finally, is it not possible to change the styles of the whole cell as you only have access to the inner text. The only way to change the text style is to do something like:
    Code:
    @Override
    public void render(com.google.gwt.cell.client.Cell.Context context, T value, SafeHtmlBuilder safeHtmlBuilder) {
       safeHtmlBuilder.appendHtmlConstant("<span style='"+customStyle+"'>");
       super.render(context, value, safeHtmlBuilder);
       safeHtmlBuilder.appendHtmlConstant("</span>");
    }
    But, as said, it is not possible to change the whole cell style.
    In fact there is no usage of the class ColumnData:
    http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/gxt-3.0...olumnData.html

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

Doesnt the GridViewConfig object work for you?

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I have tried to return the styles using many formats following the comments of the interface but it seems not to work.
    For example, I tried: return "background-color:green;"; return "background-color:green"; return "{background-color:green;}";return "{background-color:green}";
    No one of them worked.

Software Architect
    Vote Rating
    sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light sven is a glorious beacon of light

You need to return css classnames.

Ext GWT Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I assume I have to return a list of class names and GXT will add that class names to the cells/rows. The problem I have is that I have to generate the styles in a dynamic way, so I cant define them in a static CSS file.

Thread Participants: 1