Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    arbarrett is on a distinguished road

Default grid navigation broken in cell editing mode

grid navigation broken in cell editing mode

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.0.7
    • Ext 4.1.0 beta 1/2/3
    Browser versions tested against:
    • Chrome 17.0.963.56
    • FF 10.0.2 (with Firebug 1.9.1 installed)
    DOCTYPE tested against:
    • XHTML 1.0 Strict
    Description:
    • When editing 3 or more cells in a grid row that uses cell editing (not row editing), tabbing between cells does not work after the first tab.
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Try to edit 3 cells on a row, using tab to naviagate between cells while still in edit mode
    The result that was expected:
    • After editing of the second cell, pressing tab would navigate to the third cell.
    The result that occurs instead:
    • After editing of the second cell, pressing tab doesn't navigate to the third cell.
    Test Case:Debugging already done:
    • In the sencha example I get "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'get' of undefined"
    • In my own example using 4.1.0 beta 2, I get "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'row' of null"
    • It seems to me that the cell loses selection when editing, which I think is related

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

I loaded up the writer example in beta3 and edited 3 cells. I then tried to tab and it all worked as expected.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    arbarrett is on a distinguished road

Default 1 aspect solved but a related one still exists

1 aspect solved but a related one still exists

I discovered the offender in my code:
    HTML Code:
    selModel: {    selType: 'cellmodel'
    },
    When I add that to the sencha grid writer example code, it also generates the same error (for beta 3), especially in firefox (though was able to get it on chrome as well sometimes).

However, the sencha writer example still doesn't work properly when tabbing, when using beta 3. When adding a new row it seems to work, as well as on the odd rows (i.e. the rows that the sample error shows). But on the even rows, after tabbing the editor disappears even though it is still in edit mode, and after a few more tabs the editor can appear again. I found this to be the case on both chrome and firefox.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    justast is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by mitchellsimoens View Post
    I loaded up the writer example in beta3 and edited 3 cells. I then tried to tab and it all worked as expected.
    I can also reproduce it in ExtJS 4.0.7 (my application) and writer example here: http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.0.7-gpl/examples/writer/writer.html

I use Chrome Version 19.0.1084.56 on Linux platform.

Steps to reproduce the problem in writer example:
    1. Open page http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.0...er/writer.html
    2. Double click on row 2, column 2 (email).
    3. Edit it
    4. Press Tab key
    5. Edit it
    6. Press Tab key
    Result:
    1. Tab does not move to next cell
    2. Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'get' of undefined
    I am ready to provide more information if needed.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    sebbio is on a distinguished road

confirm

Thread Participants: 3