Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    srweishaar is on a distinguished road

Default 1.2 vs. 2.0 designer project portability between machines

1.2 vs. 2.0 designer project portability between machines

Hi,

I'm noticing that with Ext Designer 1.2 project portability from one machine to another was simply a matter of copying the *.xds file from the one machine to another and when opened on the second machine your project was fully there. In Sencha Designer 2.0 this is not the case. The contents of the 1.2 *.xds file appear relatively complete while the 2.0 *.xds file appears abbreviated with references to GUID like identifiers and far less content.

Point being that that with 2.0 if I copy the xds file from PC 1 to PC 2 and open it on PC 2 all I get is a blank screen. The only PC that allows me to save the project and re-open it seeing the complete design layout and all the details is the machine the project is built on. The need for project portability from machine to machine amongst team members is essential for our use.

Is this going to be resolved such that the projects will be portable once again in Designer 2.0? If so any timeline in place to look towared? Am I simply missing something?

Thanks!

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Archive the project into an xda file via File -> Archive Project.

The project has been broken up into several smaller files so that many users can concurrently work on a project and integrate with source control, etc
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 1