1. #1
    Touch Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    96
    Vote Rating
    1
    baushaug is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default "Load Data" works but the ResultSet does not bind to dataview controls???

    "Load Data" works but the ResultSet does not bind to dataview controls???


    I've followed all the proper steps to bind data to a Dataview and a List. I can see that records have been loaded into the store and I can see data in the Design view of the List.

    Although when I Deploy my code to the web server, I only see an empty list with no data bound to the control. I have height/width dimensions on the List/Dataview and it scrolls but no data...???


    Does anybody know what's going on here ?

  2. #2
    Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9,064
    Vote Rating
    113
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

      0  

    Default


    Did you load the store in source code or choose autoLoad in the Store configuration?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

  3. #3
    Touch Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    96
    Vote Rating
    1
    baushaug is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    autoload is set to true

  4. #4
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    350
    Vote Rating
    1
    bharatn is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Is the proxy url correct? Do you see a request in the network tab? Any errors on the console?
    Bharat Nagwani
    Sencha Designer Development Team

  5. #5
    Touch Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    96
    Vote Rating
    1
    baushaug is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    @Bharat the proxy URL is correct and the JSON does validate: http://mobilenew.brookshirebrothers.com/datastore.aspx

    I
    'm not sure how to view the network tab can you please clarify?

    No errors that I'm aware of.

  6. #6
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    53
    Vote Rating
    0
    paul_todd is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Make sure there is no error in the log along the lines of
    XMLHttpRequest cannot load <url> Origin <other url> is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.

    Obvously <url> is the url of the site holding the data and <other url> is the site holding the javascript

  7. #7
    Touch Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    96
    Vote Rating
    1
    baushaug is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    @paul_todd how do you disclose this log you speak of ? (mind you I'm new to Sencha Touch about 4 weeks in and even newer to the Designer (like 2 weeks))

  8. #8
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    53
    Vote Rating
    0
    paul_todd is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    I assumed you were testing in Chrome and Safari in which case you need to look in the menus for the developer tools and then look in the documentation on how to enable the event log.

    For example in Chrome, look under View~Developer~Javascript Console to see the log of events.

  9. #9
    Touch Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    96
    Vote Rating
    1
    baushaug is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    OK, gotcha.

    My Network tab and Console tab are error free when I view the List in Chrome.

  10. #10
    Touch Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    96
    Vote Rating
    1
    baushaug is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    Well after persistent effort and recreation of the Store the data now binds. Can't tell you anything I did different but it now works.

    Thanks for the help guys