Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ikim is on a distinguished road

Default Design view disappears

Design view disappears

I noticed that my Design View has disappeared. All I can see is the white iphone outline with none of my original content. It sounds similar to this thread. http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...-update-change. Has it been resolved?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Could you send us an archive of your project?

If you don't want to post on the forums you can private message it to me or email it to designer.feedback at sencha.com.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    logicbit is on a distinguished road

Default STD2 Design View does not appear - total blank

STD2 Design View does not appear - total blank

I can send test project in private. Latest build 341 as of March 26th 2012.

Project runs fine but I'm flying blind when it comes to any layouts in designer because they just don't show up. Total blank. Initial View is a navigation view with 7 panels. Plan on splitting to several views.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    ikim is on a distinguished road

Try restarting your computer, not just the app. That worked for me.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Restarting should have no effect. Likely it's a coincidence. Know that when the canvas goes out it's because an exception occurred that we didn't anticipate. This can happen from a single or series of actions. A project archive and steps to reproduce are of great value to us. This helps the designer team, you and the community at large.

Thanks
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Need to send archived project for team review RE: designer view not showing

Need to send archived project for team review RE: designer view not showing

What is the best way and to whom do I send the project. I do not want it posted anywhere but will send it to the Sencha team for their review.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by logicbit View Post
    What is the best way and to whom do I send the project. I do not want it posted anywhere but will send it to the Sencha team for their review.
    designer.feedback at sencha.com and include a link to this thread.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Project Sent

Project Sent

Project Example Sent

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Default Sencha Designer Team Reponds

Sencha Designer Team Reponds

Thanks for providing your project file. The reason your view is not displaying is because you have added fullscreen:true as a custom property on it, which prevents Designer's canvas from rendering it properly. You should not need this property since it gets added automatically when you mark it as the Initial View, so you can remove it safely.

Thank you very much Jason for your very quick response.

Love the product. I would have continued to use it despite not being able to use the design view but I'm very glad it was my fault.

Keep up the great work guys.

Frank