Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for DSGNR-1486 in a recent build.
    Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    richard.harrison is on a distinguished road

Default Missing pluginId configuration in plugins

Missing pluginId configuration in plugins

I have a grid with a row editing plugin...let's call it "rowEditing". I have added a button to invoke an insert of a record to the bound store. If I were to use the code from the examples, I would add something like:

Code:
    rowEditing.cancelEdit();

// Create a record instance through the ModelManager
    var r = Ext.ModelManager.create({
    		name: 'New Guy',
    	}, 'Employee');

store.insert(0, r);
    rowEditing.startEdit(0, 0);
    My question is how do I get a reference to "rowEditing"? I know how to do this via code, but I can't quite figure out what steps I take in the IDE to get to this point. Am I to "Promote to Class"? If so, how do I finish wiring it up?

Very confused. Thank you for any support you can provide.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Richard -

Thanks for posting this because its brought a bug to our attention. All plugins should be able to specify a pluginId. Once you have specified a pluginId you should be able to retrieve the plugin via

component.getPlugin(pluginId)

Thanks,
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    richard.harrison is on a distinguished road

Aaron -

Are you saying that the IDE has a limitation that prevents me from specifying a pluginId that I can reference in code? I'm not sure I fully understand the nature of the bug.

Also, do you know roughly how long it takes to go from bug identification to a new iteration of the IDE with the fix?

Many thanks!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bharatn is on a distinguished road

Hi Richard,

The fix should be available in the next update which i believe should be roughly mid week.

In the meantime you should be able to add a custom config. Select the plugin in the inspector and add a new property (pluginId: 'id1') in the search field above configurations and click on Add.
    Regards
    Bharat Nagwani
    Sencha Designer Development Team

Thread Participants: 2