Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

stephenr85 -

Thanks for the feedback. We're working on making this a better process. As long as we are generating actual JS source code though this is a really hard problem.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Vote Rating
    jaami is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Is there any improvement towards matadata issue

Is there any improvement towards matadata issue

Aconran

i
    would like to know either metadata is still required as part of Sencha Architect or my project created in any other editor can be opened in Sencha Architect.

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

The metadata is what drives the project and will always be a requirement.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating

Default Is there away to get metadata generated from project source source

Is there away to get metadata generated from project source source

That is not the issue. I have no problem with that. Actually, my need is to have metadata regenerated from my project source files which you can read from previous messages. you can understand what i mean by regenerating of metadata. Is there any option or there will be no option even in future?

Vote Rating

There is no intent to implement that at this time.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating

Default Without metadata

Without metadata

I delete metadata folder and now i see the loading.. message with progress bar but sencha architect never opens.

Does sencha architect has the ability (option) to fix corrupt metadata or create it if no metadata folder is there? if not then does it mean if metadata is gone then my whole project is gone? May i ask why its a problem that sencha architect cannot fix broken metadata files somehow by compiling source code? Is it not unnecessary burden to carry metadata with my actual project code while i have no idea what to do with metadata and why my project source code without any problem is useless because of metadata is corrupt which i never wrote and there is no documentation of metadata and no help how to fix that thing?

Of course sencha architect is making metadata behind the scene so one button in sencha architect to create or fix metadata is not an intent to even think about? What do you think will be the big problem to let users have this option of re-creating metadata? Why that missing simple option in sencha architect is real big problem for you guys? We know sencha architect does generate metadata behind the scene but why hiding this option from users and why secha architect does not fix all issues with metadata folder when it opens my project? Whats the mystery behind metadata?

It is good that in the MEAP book and in almost all videos on sencha site, sencha architect was not used for code examples. But because of that reason, those user using sencha architect feel difficulties in learning.

I like coding by hand and use sencha architect to see syntax errors. because of metadata i was keeping 2 copies of my project and was changing same thing on both sides. but i have to use sencha architect to save time but i really dont like to use GUI because i want to learn syntax and in many cases text based IDE is much more easy and faster than sencha architect.

I dont mind using sencha architect if it make metadata folder every time when project is opened. So, no need of command line utility and no need to get rid of sencha architect and metadata if at least metadata folder is created somehow automatically. but sure i want to code by hand and i hope you guys will help users. otherwise the last option for me will be the Titanium.

Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by jaami View Post

I delete metadata folder and now i see the loading.. message with progress bar but sencha architect never opens.
    As stated above, metadata is what drives Architect.

Does sencha architect has the ability (option) to fix corrupt metadata or create it if no metadata folder is there? if not then does it mean if metadata is gone then my whole project is gone? May i ask why its a problem that sencha architect cannot fix broken metadata files somehow by compiling source code? Is it not unnecessary burden to carry metadata with my actual project code while i have no idea what to do with metadata and why my project source code without any problem is useless because of metadata is corrupt which i never wrote and there is no documentation of metadata and no help how to fix that thing?
    If Sencha Architect has corrupted your metadata, we will gladly look into what bug possibly could have triggered this and help you fix it. If you deleted the metadata folder on your own, there's not much we can do for you at this time. Assuming that no user mucked with the code on the file it would be possible for us to regenerate metadata. This is a good feature request and may make it into the product at some point.

Of course sencha architect is making metadata behind the scene so one button in sencha architect to create or fix metadata is not an intent to even think about? What do you think will be the big problem to let users have this option of re-creating metadata? Why that missing simple option in sencha architect is real big problem for you guys? We know sencha architect does generate metadata behind the scene but why hiding this option from users and why secha architect does not fix all issues with metadata folder when it opens my project? Whats the mystery behind metadata?
    I think you are making the assumption that we generate metadata from the source code. This is incorrect. We generate source code from the metadata. Sencha Architect does not really care about the generated source, you can delete it and each time it saves it will regenerate it from the metadata on disk.

I like coding by hand and use sencha architect to see syntax errors. because of metadata i was keeping 2 copies of my project and was changing same thing on both sides. but i have to use sencha architect to save time but i really dont like to use GUI because i want to learn syntax and in many cases text based IDE is much more easy and faster than sencha architect.

I dont mind using sencha architect if it make metadata folder every time when project is opened. So, no need of command line utility and no need to get rid of sencha architect and metadata if at least metadata folder is created somehow automatically. but sure i want to code by hand and i hope you guys will help users. otherwise the last option for me will be the Titanium.
    If you really like coding everything by hand then Sencha Architect may not be the tool for you. There are plenty of other raw JavaScript editors out there that you can use - Sublime Text, Aptana, Webstorm, etc. There's nothing to say that you couldn't use Architect just to generate your views and then copy and paste them into your raw JS Editor. The caveat here would be that you could never return to Architect.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    alile is on a distinguished road

this just happened to me in 2.2.2 build 971. I will also formally state that the entire concept of the metadata seems ludicrous and needlessly redundant. I did not have anything in source control yet as i was just rebuilding a 2.0 project that was not working in android.

Vote Rating

Default JS framework but project source code is IDE dependent

JS framework but project source code is IDE dependent

thats real fun. they love metadata

you was not there when sencha architect was deep down into hell and still too far from gates of hell.