Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    onestep is on a distinguished road

Default Installing and running SenchaSDKTools-1.2.3 (64 bit) on Ubuntu 11.10 x64 problems

Installing and running SenchaSDKTools-1.2.3 (64 bit) on Ubuntu 11.10 x64 problems

So, i was trying to install SDKTools 1.2.3 (64bit) on my fresh Ubuntu 11.10 x64 install. And i ran into a problem. if i tried to run

Code:
    sencha build -p app.jsb3 -d .
    i always got an error

Code:
    bash: /home/.../SenchaSDKTools-1.2.3/jsdb: No such file or directory
    in the end i found out that jsdb is 32bit and you need to do

Code:
    sudo apt-get install ia32-libs
    and it should work ...

Also I installed/uninstalled SDK tools a lot of times and found out that the installer modifies

Code:
    ~/.profile 
    ~/.bashrc
    with
    Code:
    export PATH = PATH_TO_SDK/command:$PATH
    export PATH = PATH_TO_SDK/jsbuilder:$PATH
    but the uninstaller doesnt clean it up. After you uninstall SDKTools everything stays there. If you try to install SDKTools in 2 different locations in just appends exports for the new version and in the end you have a very very long PATH variable

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for posting how you worked around your issues.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1