Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Zyphrax is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: iOS click sound on every button tap

Unanswered: iOS click sound on every button tap

In our application we use PhoneGap to interact with the device. We've implemented a custom plugin in PhoneGap to play the default tick sound (fastest way to play sounds possible).

As for the Sencha part, we've overriden the onTap function of Ext.Button to send a signal to PhoneGap to play the tick sound.

Override buttons to play the default sound

Code:
    // Adds a sound to button tap
    Ext.define('Enhancements.Button', {
        override: 'Ext.Button',
        onTap: function(e) {
            if (this.getDisabled()) {
                return false;
            }

common.playAlertSound();
            this.fireAction('tap', [this, e], 'doTap');
        }
    });
    Objective C for playing the iOS default sound
    Code:
    - (void) playAlertSound:(NSMutableArray *)arguments withDict:(NSMutableDictionary *)options {
        AudioServicesPlayAlertSound(0x450);
    }
    Feel free to use the code above in your own projects.

Two questions:
    1. Is this the proper way to add the common.playAlertSound invoke to all buttons?
    2. In some situations we have quite a lot of logic going on after you tap on a button. This causes load to the browser and therefore delaying the tick sound. How could I solve this? Perhaps delay the actual action that is called on button tap?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

There really isn't a way you can get the audio to always sync up. The best you can do I guess is delay the button tap logic but that may seem sluggish to the user.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Thread Participants: 1