Vote Rating
    PhiLho is on a distinguished road

Default KeyPressEvent UiHandler no longer works in Beta4

KeyPressEvent UiHandler no longer works in Beta4

Hello

I have a problem which I hesitate to describe as bug, but which is a regression with regard to Beta3.
    I use the following code to enable the Return / Enter key to validate a form:
    Code:
    @UiHandler(value = { "userName", "password" })
    public void onKeyPress(KeyPressEvent event)
    {
      if (event.getNativeEvent().getKeyCode() == KeyCodes.KEY_ENTER)
      {
        doLogin();
      }
    }
    In a previous version, I used KeyUpEvent but in Beta3, it wasn't supported at all, even though it worked with plain GWT TextBox component. With TextField, Enter made the focus to go elsewhere, and I had to click again in the field to make Enter to work.
    KeyPressEvent worked well, so I went with it.

We upgraded to Beta4 and it stopped working. I can see the typed chars in event.getNativeEvent().getCharCode() and the Tab char I use to jump between fields in event.getNativeEvent().getKeyCode(), but this method isn't called for Enter at all.

So, is this a bug? Do I need to call some method to enable Enter to work? I believe this is important for usability.

Side note: the TextButton doesn't seem to take focus, so I can't hit Tab and hit Enter on it to validate the form. I would appreciate a hint to make a Button to take focus too.

Vote Rating
    PhiLho is on a distinguished road

Bump.
    Is that a bug? If not, what is the proper way to handle this key press?

http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...Issue&p=753073 bug report is somehow related (for the Login button...).