Ext User
    Vote Rating
    antimatter15 is on a distinguished road

Default [1.1] Keymaps Fail After QuickTip

[1.1] Keymaps Fail After QuickTip

I've noticed that after a quicktip hides, all my keymaps fail. I looked at QuickTips.js and I solved the problem by (under init: function(){) replacing var d=Ext.get(document) width var d=Ext.get(document.body)

Could someone tell me why this is happening? and is there any way for me to include this fix in my application without editing ext-all.js?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brian.moeskau is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for reporting it, we'll take a look.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    brian.moeskau is an unknown quantity at this point

I finally spent a little time looking into this. The issue seems to be a conflict in how the events are handled on the document. I'm not sure what the underlying cause is, but it's been resolved in 2.x as my test case that fails under 1.1 works fine under 2.1. We can't change QuickTips to only respond to events on the body because the body does not always fill the document, and so clicking to dismiss quick tips that do not autoHide might not always work in that case. There have also been far too many improvements made to EventManager since 1.1 to try and track down what change might have fixed this.

So, based on the narrow use case and that you have a workaround (albeit not an ideal one, but at least it works) I'm going to list this issue as a "won't fix".

Thread Participants: 1