Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gkatz is on a distinguished road

Default custom components and MVC in ST2

custom components and MVC in ST2

where do custom components go in the MVC structure?
    thanks

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on the namespace you have. Say you are using my Ext.ux.touch.grid extension. I put them in the assets/ux folder

/
    --app/
    --assets/
    ----ux/
    ------touch/
    --------grid/
    ----------View.js
    --app.js
    --index.html

And I then set a path:

Code:
    Ext.Loader.setPath({
        'Ext.ux' : 'assets/ux/'
    });
    So now the Ext.ux namespace points to the assets/ux/ folder.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

thanks
    how does the css of a custom component fits here?
    for example;
    in your Ux.ImageLoader component there is an accompanied by a css file.
    how does this css file loaded? should I explicitly load it in the index.html?
    thanks
    BTW : is this component go to go? seem like its working...

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, the CSS file will need it's own <link> tag in your index.html although if you are using SASS you could put the style in a scss file and it will compile together.

I just developed it last night when I was working on Chapter 8 of Sencha Touch in Action. It works and works great. I do have another idea to make it better and will maybe get to it tonight but may decide not to do it tonight but another day.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

nice...
    I think Jarvus needs something like this for the PinchZoom carousel component he has.
    his ST1 component uses something like this and I think he is just about to port it to ST2...

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    themightychris has a spectacular aura about themightychris has a spectacular aura about

I'm on it =] Aiming to release next week
    Chief Architect @ Jarv.us Innovations
    Co-captain @ Code for Philly

Jarvus builds and optimizes top-quality Sencha Touch and ExtJS apps for open-source projects and clients of all sizes.

Don't waste time with bugs that have already been found and fixed by the community, compile our tried and tested hotfixes packages into all your projects: https://github.com/JarvusInnovations/sencha-hotfixes

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

yeah chris!
    I think I have asked this before.
    would looooove to see the ability to zoom beyond the original image size. I might be mistaken but I think the ST1 version had that limitation
    anyways guys thanks for helping and sharing

Sencha - Training Team mrsunshine's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mrsunshine will become famous soon enough

@gkatz may the image zoom example helps you http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...rollable-Image to implement your own solution, i faced the same problem

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi;
    Today, I still think the docs lack the explanation for component developers on how package/submit custom components and how components users should incorporate those components. looking at the components people submit there is no coherent structure/naming convention that unifies all components. this makes reduces readability of the component.
    I think the docs should address this issue to make things easier both on developers and component users... I guess the guidelines would be simple to provide and I see a big benefit here.
    thanks for your time.