Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

height: '100%' and with: '100%' will not work.

Configure the grid with dimensions, or use the layout manager of the container it is in.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Moinsen is on a distinguished road

Question

Thank you!

The problem actually was the setTimeout(.., 0) trick. I get the components of the grid, menu, panels ... by database requests. I have to wait for the callbacks of these requests. So i need some synchronisation before final rendering. I did that with setTimeout:

Code:
    //The setTimeout(.., 0) trick is used to execute the code after stacked events and fix timing-related problems.

setTimeout( function(){  Ext.create('Ext.container.Viewport', {             
                                            id: 'main-form',             
                                            layout: 'border',             
                                            title: 'Aplusplus ExtJs 4.07',             
                                            items: [ myAToolbar, statusBar.getStatusBar(), menuBar.getMenuBar() , mainForm ]           
                                         });       
                                      } 
                                    , 0);
    If i remove the setTimeout call the grid works perfect. No hanging nothing ... So the internal callbacks of the grid don't like disturbances coming from the calling application. Am I right?

If yes, i am looking for a new way of synchronisation ... ?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    shiaart is on a distinguished road

Default Cached page updates

Cached page updates

Hi guys! The new buffered grid is much better than previous one, Thank you!

But I have an issue with page update. I wanna update store.currentPage by passing some code to setInterval/setTimeout func's, and run an update every 10 seconds.
    What is better to call store.load or store.prefetchPage and then update the view? Or there is another way?

Could you please recommend the best way to do this.

Thanks a lot!

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    scancubus is on a distinguished road

Default Sorting with smaller result set

Sorting with smaller result set

Hi Animal. I have a infinite grid with remote sort. If the result set is 43 or less, clicking on the header doesnt sort the grid. I have to refresh it.

My grid is set up in this way.

Code:
    verticalScroller: {
            numFromEdge:2,
            trailingBufferZone: 5,
        	leadingBufferZone:15,
        	rowHeight:34
        },
    I refresh the store/grid by doing store.loadPage(1)

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team Animal's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about Animal has a spectacular aura about

Yes, it's a bug. It's been reported, so there should be a ticket waiting for me in the morning!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    greghaynes is on a distinguished road

So concerning the infinite scrolling I have a question on its initial load. To keep this simple say I have 100 records and I set my pageSize to 25. When I call store.loadPage(1) I see it doing 4 ajax requests and retrieving all the pages. Is this normal due to the buffering? I can't imagine it so since I would imagine it would grab the first page and then when the user scrolls its begins to fetch additional pages.

Am I doing something wrong? I have setup my grid to what was posted in this thread.

Sencha - Ext JS Dev Team dongryphon's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold dongryphon is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by greghaynes View Post
    So concerning the infinite scrolling I have a question on its initial load. To keep this simple say I have 100 records and I set my pageSize to 25. When I call store.loadPage(1) I see it doing 4 ajax requests and retrieving all the pages. Is this normal due to the buffering? I can't imagine it so since I would imagine it would grab the first page and then when the user scrolls its begins to fetch additional pages.

Am I doing something wrong? I have setup my grid to what was posted in this thread.
    The behavior sounds correct given defaults for pre-fetching. The number of visible rows in the grid determines the minimum number of rows needed from the server. Beyond that, there are "zones" for extra rendering (to smooth out the scrolling) and extra loading (aka "prefetching" to ensure data is available to render).

The infinite grid tuner example lets you experiment with these values. Also, the recent blog post on optimization should help clarify these values (http://www.sencha.com/blog/optimizin...-applications/)
    Don Griffin
    Ext JS Development Team Lead

Check the docs. Learn how to (properly) report a framework issue and a Sencha Cmd issue

"Use the source, Luke!"

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    JanVenekamp is on a distinguished road

Remote filter on a buffered grid is still not working properly in 4.1.0rc2
    I filed a bug report here: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthread.php?193340

@animal where can i find the example of post http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...l=1#post754501

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    shmeltex is on a distinguished road

I'm running into "PageMap asked for range which it does not have" error. Simplest way to reproduce is to set Store pageSize to 50 in infinite-scroll-grid-tuner and click on column header to sort.

Tried with the latest nightly 20120404

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    shmeltex is on a distinguished road

Question How to handle passing extra parameters for load or loadPage?

How to handle passing extra parameters for load or loadPage?

What should be the recommended approach to handle passing extra parameters with load/loadPage for buffered store? If I do
    Code:
    store.loadPage(1, {params:{ something: 'else' }})
    something=else passed to server only with the request for the first page, all requests for subsequent pages will not have something=else set.
    Is setting extraParams on proxy the only answer?