Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    JFrolich is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: How on first load to show a dataView contents completely scrolled down for a chat

Unanswered: How on first load to show a dataView contents completely scrolled down for a chat

I now do it with this code:

Code:
    var _this = this;
    store.addListener('load', function() {
      setTimeout(function() {
        _this.scrollToBottom(true);
      }, 500);
    });
    Note that I need a setTimeout(), because when I receive the callback the list is not rendered yet.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You need to get the scroller class so you can use the scrollToEnd. To do this:

Code:
    var scroller = dataview.getScrollable().getScroller();
    Now you can do

Code:
    scroller.scrollToEnd(true);
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I do this in
    _this.scrollToBottom(true);.
    The problem is that I need a setTimeout for this to have effect. Is there some kind of event, view method override I can use for this?

Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

You can listen for the refresh event on the dataview. That should technically fire after the items are rendered, may need to use the after order or single option:

Code:
    dataview.on('refresh', function() {}, dataview, { single : true }, 'after');

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Actually this works when the data is already found in the store. However when the data has to be retrieved from the proxy (first time load), then this callback does not fire at the right moment. Could this be a bug, or is this expected behaviour?

Answers
    Vote Rating

The refresh event should fire after after the store has data as the dataview reflects the data in the store.

Thread Participants: 1