Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Sottilde will become famous soon enough

Default Designer falsely claims Ext.Loader is not enabled

Designer falsely claims Ext.Loader is not enabled

All I have to say is, thank God for version control.

I luckily checked in my project just before the most recent upgrade a half hour ago. Designer has been giving me (incorrect) errors saying:

Message: Ext.Loader is not enabled, so dependencies cannot be resolved dynamically. Missing required class: MyApp.data.proxy.Rest

This crashes the metadata rebuild in the new version and left me with a project containing a single Model, no more.

I am using a requires and a mixins statement in my Models - this appears to be causing the issue.

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Could you send us an archive of your project so that we can fix this problem?

You can send it to us privately at designer.feedback@sencha.com
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Thank you for using version control. We recommend it!
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by Sottilde View Post
    I am using a requires and a mixins statement in my Models - this appears to be causing the issue.
    Or just paste in the code for this model
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Vote Rating

Ok so looks like if you remove the requires and mixins properties from the .metadata/ directory for all of your Models this doesn't happen. We'll be restricting the user of those properties now in the generated class.'

Let me know and I'll send you the upgraded project if you'd like
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Strong View Post
    Ok so looks like if you remove the requires and mixins properties from the .metadata/ directory for all of your Models this doesn't happen. We'll be restricting the user of those properties now in the generated class.'

Let me know and I'll send you the upgraded project if you'd like
    Thanks - I have already done that and added them to the override classes. Unfortunately, override classes are not loaded properly.

Just my opinion - it seems the proper solution would not be to restrict usage of these options, as they should be in the properties list anyway. Instead it would make more sense to fix whatever is saying that Ext.Loader is disabled, as it is clearly enabled by default in every project (and is not configurable).

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Unfortunately, override classes are not loaded properly.
    Please explain and give us a test case

Just my opinion - it seems the proper solution would not be to restrict usage of these options, as they should be in the properties list anyway. Instead it would make more sense to fix whatever is saying that Ext.Loader is disabled, as it is clearly enabled by default in every project (and is not configurable).
    While I can see your point, there are a number of technical reasons that we can't easily accomplish this.

Mixins, requires, etc should go in your overrides if you need them.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    Mixins, requires, etc should go in your overrides if you need them.
    Unfortunately it seems that because of the nature of an override, this is going to be a lot more complicated than that.

I wanted to define a mixin in my models. I added to the overridden class:

mixins : {
    myMixin: "Myapp.model.mixin.MyMixin"
    }

This unfortunately completely overrides the original definition of mixins in Ext.data.Model. This produces an error on load in Ext.data.Model where it tries to load Ext.util.Observable, which no longer exists after the override. This provides the error "TypeError: Cannot read property 'constructor' of undefined", as it tries to initialize Observable.

Please advise - how best should I initialize mixins now?

Additionally: Overriding other attributes of a Model like fields also appears to create problems - overriding fields apparently kills the getFields() method which causes another internal error. I was hoping to overcome the bugs in 309 and get my project working again but it appears I will have to recover 298 from my laptop and restart.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

I ended up downgrading to 298 as the bugs in 309 made my project unusable and I burned nearly a day trying to find workarounds.

On Linux it is as simple as deleting ~/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer 2.0/xds-2.0.0.000309.ion.

Vote Rating

While I don't recommend this approach, the .ion files for the respective operating systems can be found here:

Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Designer 2.0\

Windows Vista/7
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Designer 2.0\

Linux
    ~/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer 2.0/

Mac OS X
    ~/Library/Application Support/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer 2.0/
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Thread Participants: 2