Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Edmund is on a distinguished road

Default Sencha Touch Charts 2.0 Beta Now Available

Sencha Touch Charts 2.0 Beta Now Available

Sencha Touch Charts 2.0 beta is now available for download:

http://cdn.sencha.io/touch-charts-2.0.0-beta.zip

Version 2.0 beta is compatible with Sencha Touch 2.0 and contains improvement in performance, a new TreeMap visualization, and a new animation package.

Please try it out and provide feedback.

Edmund
    Edmund Leung
    Sencha Product Management

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    superstructor will become famous soon enough superstructor will become famous soon enough

Big thanks for all your hard work and for releasing this, Sencha Touch v2 Final is awesome but really need the charts too !

Now all that is missing is the Linux download for the v2 SDK tools.... but in saying that its far less important than having charts.

Sencha - Community Support Team jay@moduscreate.com's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all jay@moduscreate.com is a name known to all

This actually is unexpected but extremely exciting!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    superstructor will become famous soon enough superstructor will become famous soon enough

Minor issue on examples/index.html

WordMap example links to "examples/WordMap/index.html" but link is actually "examples/Wordmap/index.html" (m lower case). So on case-sensitive file systems the link is broken, even when serving up via a web server such as Nginx.

Navigating to the example directly works fine.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gmp26 is on a distinguished road

Default Status of the bundled Sencha Touch code

Status of the bundled Sencha Touch code

Great to see this materialise

I guess these limitations are already known, but things I've found so far are:

1) I notice that it needs to run with its own bundled copy of Sencha Touch 2 since it throws exceptions if loaded with the recently released Sencha Touch 2. Is the intention to release this product alongside an updated Sencha Touch 2? Presumably we must treat this bundled Sencha Touch 2 as a new beta too?

2) No event support yet.

3) Only the canvas engine engine is present.

Mike

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Interesting points Mike, I also had a look into this.

Lines of code:
    touch-charts/sencha-touch-debug.js 78012
    sencha-touch/sencha-touch-debug.js 15114
    sencha-touch/sencha-touch-all-debug.js 78370

Thus we can conclude that "sencha-touch-debug.js" in the Charts beta is actually closer to a full build like "sencha-touch-all-debug.js" in Touch v2 Final.

If you use a decent diff viewer between Charts "sencha-touch-debug.js" and Touch "sencha-touch-all-debug.js" you'll find nearly all of the differences are:
    - touch missing annotations (e.g. //<feature, //<debug etc)
    - touch turns dynamic loading OFF by default (interesting)
    - some other insignificant differences

If you include sencha-touch-all-debug.js from the Sencha Touch v2 final release in the Touch Charts examples instead of sencha-touch.js all the examples appear to work OK from my brief testing.

Therefor I conclude there is an issue with dynamic loading, not a special build of Sencha Touch. And I am looking into this further so I can use dynamic loading with Touch Charts.

Cheers

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I have Touch Charts v2 Beta working using dynamic module loading with the stock Sencha Touch v2 Final sencha-touch-debug.js, also using dynamic module loading (not the -all build).

There were just a few minor issues. 2 missing requires in class definitions. And a assignment of a dependent classes member to a class member in the class definition object literal, before the requires for the class had executed, so I moved this one to the class after definition callback.

Although there are only a few lines that have been changed sorry my editor strips trailing whitespace and tabs automatically on saving so there are a bunch of whitespace-only line changes in the diff too.

Moving on to more exciting things with Touch Charts now I have it working with my dev environment =)

On Linux and probably Mac too you can apply the patch from the unzipped Touch Charts directory in terminal with the command "patch -p1 -i path/to/patch.diff.txt". Windows users - your on your own.

Cheers
    Attached Files

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    gmp26 is on a distinguished road

Default ferrets and events

ferrets and events

Quote Originally Posted by superstructor View Post
    I have Touch Charts v2 Beta working using dynamic module loading...
    Cheers
    Good bit of ferreting that!

BTW, the event handling I'm missing is the ability to detect touch events on Sprites. This is clearly present in some of the chart examples, but I notice that the event handling example in the Draw guide fails.

Ah, but it also fails in Charts 1...

OK, moving on, I see that charts handle their own events through the interaction, getItemsForPoint logic implemented in chart/interactions/Abstract and chart/Chart and the series codes. Does this mean there has never been any generic event logic designed for Sprites?
    Last edited by gmp26; 9 Mar 2012 at 9:07 AM. Reason: further experimentation

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    hallikpapa is on a distinguished road

I added the charts to my project, and before even creating a chart (just including the scripts) I got this error. Known issue?

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'pseudos' of undefined

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Quote Originally Posted by hallikpapa View Post
    I added the charts to my project, and before even creating a chart (just including the scripts) I got this error. Known issue?

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'pseudos' of undefined
    Are you using dynamic module loading or the full builds of sencha touch and touch charts ? I.e. What scripts did you include exactly ?