Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    JeromeA is on a distinguished road

Default Override files get overwritten

Override files get overwritten

I thought I understand that with the last version of the sencha editor (2.0.0. build 309) my override files wouldn't be overwritten by the editor. It seems they are. If I use an external text editor to change the files and save it, and then go back to the sencha editor and save the project, the changes I made with my external text editor are lost.

is that normal? or are the override files can only be edited in sencha editor?

thanks

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough

AFAIK Designer can load modified files when you open the project but cant see changes made by external tools until project is loaded again.

I suggest you to only change Ext/Touch code with Designer for now, concurrent editing is unsupported for now.

Regards.
    Last edited by ssamayoa; 8 Mar 2012 at 8:00 AM. Reason: support for ... is unsupported - hahaha!
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

If you like my answer please vote!

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    JeromeA is on a distinguished road

ok, I understand, just made the test and that is true.
    thanks for your quick answer

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by ssamayoa View Post
    AFAIK Designer can load modified files when you open the project but cant see changes made by external tools until project is loaded again.
    Confirmed.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    bogc will become famous soon enough

Version 2.1.0 build 640

I have the same problem. Basically, I modify manually the override class using another editor, but when I save the project in SA, the file gets overwritten. Why is SA touching the file at all if it's already there?

Is this normal? Was this supposed to be fixed in version 2.10?

Thanks

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Yes, this is "normal" as in its how it works currently. No, it's not "normal" as in we know we want to improve how this works. Architect 2.2 monitors the file system and will prompt you to reload files as they change.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 3