Threaded View

Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    tonvoon is on a distinguished road

Default Resizing portlet problems

Resizing portlet problems

REQUIRED INFORMATION

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.0.2, 4.0.7, 4.1.0-beta-1
    Browser versions tested against:
    • Safari 5.1.2
    • Firefox 10.0.2
    Description:
    • In the portal example, cannot resizing portlets with the south resize handles in 4.0.7, though works in 4.0.2 and 4.1.0-beta1
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Code changes to stock 4.0.2, 4.0.7 and 4.1.0-beta-1 portal example code attached
    • Resizing the bottom portlet in a portal column stops after about 5 pixels. Resizing a portlet above another portlet works
    The result that was expected:
    • Expect behaviour as in 4.0.2. This is a regression in 4.0.7
    The result that occurs instead:
    • The resize stops
    Test Case:
    See diff files, against stock extjs code.

HELPFUL INFORMATION
    Screenshot or Video:Possible fix:

I have made the following CSS change:
    Code:
    div.x-portal, div.x-portal .x-column-layout-ct, div.x-portal .x-column-inner, div.x-portal .x-column {
        height: 100%;
    }
    This allows the portlet to be resized beyond the columns height.

However, this workaround introduces a different problem: If a portlet is further down the page (it is not possible to resize it beyond the original height of the window). So this workaround is not ideal.

I also note that the portal-column appears to be only just big enough for the portlet in 4.0.2, 4.0.7 and 4.1.0-beta-1, so the use of CSS to increase the height of the portal is not a good workaround.

I have raised this with Sencha Support (ticket 6869), but they have only suggested to upgrade to 4.1 beta which is not possible for us. I'm hoping someone smart in the community can find a suitable solution.
    Operating System:
    • Mac OS X 10.6.8
    Attached Files

Thread Participants: 1