Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    tonvoon is on a distinguished road

Default Resizing portlet problems

Resizing portlet problems

REQUIRED INFORMATION

Ext version tested:
    • Ext 4.0.2, 4.0.7, 4.1.0-beta-1
    Browser versions tested against:
    • Safari 5.1.2
    • Firefox 10.0.2
    Description:
    • In the portal example, cannot resizing portlets with the south resize handles in 4.0.7, though works in 4.0.2 and 4.1.0-beta1
    Steps to reproduce the problem:
    • Code changes to stock 4.0.2, 4.0.7 and 4.1.0-beta-1 portal example code attached
    • Resizing the bottom portlet in a portal column stops after about 5 pixels. Resizing a portlet above another portlet works
    The result that was expected:
    • Expect behaviour as in 4.0.2. This is a regression in 4.0.7
    The result that occurs instead:
    • The resize stops
    Test Case:
    See diff files, against stock extjs code.

HELPFUL INFORMATION
    Screenshot or Video:Possible fix:

I have made the following CSS change:
    Code:
    div.x-portal, div.x-portal .x-column-layout-ct, div.x-portal .x-column-inner, div.x-portal .x-column {
        height: 100%;
    }
    This allows the portlet to be resized beyond the columns height.

However, this workaround introduces a different problem: If a portlet is further down the page (it is not possible to resize it beyond the original height of the window). So this workaround is not ideal.

I also note that the portal-column appears to be only just big enough for the portlet in 4.0.2, 4.0.7 and 4.1.0-beta-1, so the use of CSS to increase the height of the portal is not a good workaround.

I have raised this with Sencha Support (ticket 6869), but they have only suggested to upgrade to 4.1 beta which is not possible for us. I'm hoping someone smart in the community can find a suitable solution.
    Operating System:
    • Mac OS X 10.6.8
    Attached Files

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

In 4.1.0 beta 3, I added resizable to true in Portlet.js and all portlets are resizable. On the left column I took the 2nd portlet and could resize greater than available screen and scroll down and repeat. I refreshed. I scroll the first one up and down a bit and then clicked the close button on the second portlet destroying it. I then took the first portlet in the first column and resized it and it resized to the available space. I can then scroll down and resize it more.

The issue with the grid not resizing is this. Each column is an instance of PortletColumn which uses anchor layout. It's defaultType is portlet which is the Portlet class. Portlet uses fit layout so the single item under should fit 100% of the height and width. The Portlet only has a GridPortlet as a child so fit layout should fit the grid to be 100% of the width and height of the outer Portlet. So why does the grid not sizing correctly? Because GridPortlet has a height setting of 300px. Remove that from GridPortlet and it will all work as expected in 4.1.0 beta 3.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default Issue is in 4.0.7, not 4.1 beta

Issue is in 4.0.7, not 4.1 beta

Hi Mitchell,

Thanks for your response. Scott has already given me the solution for 4.1.0, which is similar to your explanation, makes sense and is resolved.

However, the issue is that this bug is in 4.0.7 and there is not a suitable solution. Given our app cannot upgrade to 4.1.0 beta without significant work, we have this one issue remaining that needs resolving.

The frustrating thing is that this behaviour worked fine in 4.0.2, but does not work in 4.0.7. Therefore, this is a regression.

Ton

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

A regression that is now fixed. I cannot give any patches on the forum, this is what the support portal is for so you can ask them for a work around which may cost more xcredits.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Mitchell,

I have raised a ticket with support, but they don't seem to be as knowledgeable as you are

In your experience, if I have to dig into the ExtJS internals to work out the differences between 4.0.2 and 4.0.7 to get this functionality working, which js files do you recommend I concentrate on? Where is the problem (that portal column is constraining the resizing of the interior portlet) likely to be?

Ton

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Default Solution found

Solution found

We've found a solution ourselves. The offending line is in extjs/src/Component.js. The change we made is this:

Code:
             resizable = Ext.apply({
                 target: me,             dynamic: false,-            constrainTo: me.constrainTo || (me.floatParent ? me.floatParent.getTargetEl() : me.el.getScopeParent()),+            constrainTo:(me.xtype=="portletlet"?me.constrainTo:(me.xtype=="portlet"?me.constrainTo:me.constrainTo||(me.floatParent?me.floatParent.getTargetEl():me.el.getScopeParent())),             handles: me.resizeHandles         }, resizable);          resizable.target = me;

This is a bit of a dirty fix as the xtype is embedded here, but it targets just the particular portlet code because we don't understand what else might be effected.

Hope this helps others, because its been painful for us...

Thread Participants: 1