Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    someoneshorts is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: Is there a brower specific issue with grouping feature with a grid?

Unanswered: Is there a brower specific issue with grouping feature with a grid?

Without going into much detail, I am wondering if anyone else has seen something like this, or whether this is a known issue. My attempts at googling this/looking into these forums have not produced any answers. Sorry in advance if this is a duplicate question.

I have a grid that is using an xml store. It renders correctly when there are no grouping features attached to it. I am also able to update the data store's url using mystore.load(). After which, the grid displays the new stores information correctly. All of this works in the latest versions of IE9, FireFox and Chrome.

However, if I attempt to convert the grid to a grouping grid, the store's call to load() hangs for IE9 and Chrome. It does, however render in FireFox correctly. If I remove the features: [groupingFeature], tag from the grid, it renders correctly again (albeit, without the desired grouping). This leads me to conclude that at the least the generation of the xml store is working correctly.

I have tried various grouping feature declarations, even including an empty one {}, however, the "Loading" mask hangs in all cases for IE and Chrome, but renders fine in FireFox.

I added a result handler to the store.load() function to see if it was being called. In FireFox, the result handler for load completion was called, but in the cases where it appears to hang, the load doesn't seem to complete.

Is there a known issue for this? I can try to post all of the code involved, but I wanted to try to keep this short for now without going into too much detail.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestion.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Answers
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

When you have a grouping feature on the grid do you have the store grouped?
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Touch Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    someoneshorts is on a distinguished road

Default grouped store

grouped store

If you are referring to the groupField, yes, I have a groupField set on the data store. groupField: 'libraryName'.

Here is the code that I am using for the data store:

Code:
    store = Ext.create('Ext.data.Store', {
                    model: 'Task',
                    groupField: 'libraryName',
                    proxy:
                    {
                        type: 'ajax',
                        url: URL,
                        reader: {
                            type: 'xml',
                            root: 'datasets',