Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    kworam is on a distinguished road

Default Answered: flow layout button panel

Answered: flow layout button panel

I am trying to make a panel that contains a dynamic number of buttons. I would like to layout the buttons as if they were 'inline' HTML elements in a flow layout. In other words, I would like the first button to be positioned at the top-left corner of the panel, the next button to its right and so on. If a button overflows the right edge of the panel, I would like to 'line break' to the next 'line' in the panel and begin laying out the remaining buttons on the next line. Is there an existing layout manager that does this or is there some sample code that does this?

Thanks.

2. The cls config expects a CSS class name

Code:
    cls : 'button-inline'
    And then in your CSS file:

Code:
    .button-inline {
        display : inline-block;
    }

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Two options, if you want to have flex sizing then you can use hbox layout. Other wise a more performant way is to give the buttons some CSS like display : inline-block;
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

I decided to try your CSS suggestion so I configured my buttons as follows:

{
    xtype: 'button',
    text: 'abc',
    maxWidth: '50px',
    margin: 5,
    cls: 'display : inline-block;'
    },

When I specified no layout on the containing panel, the buttons were displayed one per line. When I set the layout of the containing panel to 'hbox', but the buttons did not line-break to the next line but were laid out in a single line that extended off the right edge of the screen.

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

The cls config expects a CSS class name

Code:
    cls : 'button-inline'
    And then in your CSS file:

Code:
    .button-inline {
        display : inline-block;
    }
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Sencha Premium Member
    Answers
    Vote Rating

Default Fixed!

Fixed!

That did it! Thanks a lot for your help.

Thread Participants: 1