Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    BerndM is on a distinguished road

Default ComboBox getValue() returns incorrect value

ComboBox getValue() returns incorrect value

GXT Beta 4

Description:
    Create a ComboBox with a ListStore which contains several elements (A, B, C..). Start typing the name of A into the ComboBox field and select it with the drop down list and move the focus to a different Element than the ComboBox. ComboBox.getValue() will return "null" and also ValueChangedEvent isn't fired.

Findings:
    When following the description above, TriggerFieldCell receives a different Context.getKey() object in TriggerFieldCell.onBrowserEvent() and creates a new FieldViewData object with "lastValue" and "curValue" set to the same value and no value change is recognized on ComboBoxCell.triggerBlur().

Workaround:
    ComboBoxCell.onSelect() is triggered correctly. Overwrite it to retrieve the selected Element.

Vote Rating
    icfantv will become famous soon enough icfantv will become famous soon enough

I wonder if this is related to this issue: http://www.sencha.com/forum/showthre...derlying-value

Vote Rating
    WesleyMoy is on a distinguished road

I'm not finding that I can reproduce this issue in development mode in Firefox 10. Do you have a short test case implementing EntryPoint that you can post? Also, are you performing each selection using the mouse or keyboard? Finally, what browser are you using?

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    BerndM is on a distinguished road

Thumbs up

I rechecked the problem and couldn't reproduce it as well and found out that it was a bug related on my code side which lead to the problem. Thank you for inspecting it!
    "Bug" can be closed.

Vote Rating
    WesleyMoy is on a distinguished road

I'll do that now. Thanks for following up.

Thread Participants: 2