Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    jpwible is on a distinguished road

Exclamation Upgraded to build 309, rendered all of my previous projects unusable.

Upgraded to build 309, rendered all of my previous projects unusable.

I upgraded to Sencha Designer 2 build 309 today, and now it seems I am unable to load any projects I had built in any previous versions of Ext Designer or Designer 2. Every time I try to load a project, I get the following prompt:

"The project was built with a previous version of Designer, and needs to be upgraded. Is it OK to upgrade?

I click Yes, I get a message that the conversion was successful (why do I even need to convert a project created in a previous build of Designer 2?). I can see my project on screen for a brief flash, but when the process finishes, the project is empty. No applications, controllers, views, models, or stores.

Worse yet, the process seems to be permanent, as re-opening the project does not give me the chance to roll back the conversion or perform it again.

Be warned! Build 309 rendered my project unusable. "Thank God for source control", as one other user put it. In the meantime, I need to keep working, what should I do?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

If you must revert to an earlier build like 298, you can do the following.

Delete the 309 build .ion from the following location and then start the app.

Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Designer 2.0\

Windows Vista/7
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Designer 2.0\

Linux
    ~/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer 2.0/

Mac OS X
    ~/Library/Application Support/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer 2.0/

Could you please share the project with us that will no longer open? > 309 will have a few critical fixes that may address your issues.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I may have been unclear. The project will open, but it's entire contents have been blown away during the "conversion" process. I'm attaching the project, but I think the damage has already been done.

Follow-up question: can I rebuild a project from the exported JS files? I have the most current version of those, and they are my only hope of getting a working project again.
    Attached Files

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Zip the entire directory up
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Vote Rating

And be sure to include any hidden files... The only thing that should have happened in the "upgrade process" was to rename the hidden directory from .metadata to a normal directory named metadata.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

explore the project using cmd or terminal and see if a .metadata/ directory exists. If so then rename this directory to metadata/ (no dot) and reopen project
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

I'm going to add an extra step to archive projects before upgrade.

Regardless please have your projects in source control so you can recover from these sorts of things. It's no excuse for the fail here but it's a must have practice.
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Vote Rating

Hoping that you can provide the sample project that broke when upgrading to 309.

311 has been put out today but I'm not sure that it will resolve your issue.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I was able to restore a working version of the project prior to 309, thanks with that.

309 converted the metadata folder, but my project was full of error messages and looked nothing like it did before conversion. 311 seems to have resolved the issue, but I still see errors about the formatting of some of my objects (could be my fault). At least my project looks and acts like it should.

I'm including the original project and .metadata folder in a zip.
    Attached Files

Vote Rating

I downloaded your zip and unzipped it.

I needed to change the xdsBuild from "311" to 298 in a text editor. After doing that and opening it, the project seems to have upgraded fine.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran