Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    Stephan Mercier is on a distinguished road

Default Samthing happen for me when I convert a project from Ext Designer 1

Samthing happen for me when I convert a project from Ext Designer 1

I am using build 311 and when I open a v1 file, I get prompt to convert. But when the conversion is completed, the project views shows for a quick moment and then disapear. At that point, there is nothing under Views or any other section. Looking at the directory, I do not see any Metadata or .Metadata directory created. The converted project (xds) basically contains only the project settings (see attached file).
    Attached Files

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Without the .metadata or metadata directory, we won't be able to help you that much.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

As I said, once the conversion is done, there is no metadata or .metadarta directory, I went back to build 309 and the conversion is showing all my views properly. I attached my v1 project so you can try it.
    Attached Files

Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Does opening the v1 project and saving it in the new format succeed or fail?

It's working fine for me here...
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I re-installed build 311 and downloaded the file (Start.xds) from the Forum and still get the same behavior. I have attached screen shots of what I see. The first screen shot shows is while the conversion is happening. THe second is once the converted project is loaded. Is there any log or anything I could do to help you help you with this? Thanks
    Attached Images

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

To answer your question, when I save the resulting project, it says "Project successfully save", but the xds is like the example posted above in this thread.

Vote Rating

Hrm, try to save to a completely new directory?

Perhaps you are saving in the new file format as "metadata" directory into the same place where the old ".metadata" directory is and then the next time it opens it is getting confused?

I'm having no problems opening the v1 project and then saving it.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

I restarted my computer, put the Start.xds alone in a brand new directory called test from the root and I get the exact same result, the project shows for a quick moment and then disapear. I have attached the content of the Sencha2 directory and the AppData directory. I am using Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.
    Attached Images

Sencha - Architect Dev Team Phil.Strong's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice Phil.Strong is just really nice

can you show me the directory your project is in (visual)?

also note you can't just move the xds file you have to account for the contents of the entire directory
    projectDir/
    /app
    /.metadata or /metadata after upgrade
    project.xds
    Phil Strong
    @philstrong
    #SenchaArchitect

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Please remember that we are talking about a project that is currently under V1 and we want to convert it to V2. In V1, there was no metadata directory and the App directory was the Export directory and not part of the designer project per say. I can copy the XDS alone anywhere I want and open it with the V1 designer. Also, if I delete the xds-2.0.0.000311.ion, I get back to the build 288 and, with that build, I can open the V1 project and it get converted properly from the single XDS file alone. And when I saved it back, all the V2 directories and files are created properly. Hope his helps.