Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    aoathout is on a distinguished road

Default Unanswered: ST 2 Delta Updates and Standalone Mode

Unanswered: ST 2 Delta Updates and Standalone Mode

First off, love the fact the delta updates made its way into the GA release. Very nice, works great loading from the browser as long as the cache manifest changes. But I'm not seeing my web apps that have been added to the Home Screen getting the same love. It may very well be my code, but wanted to ask and see if this functionality should be working. Any thoughts from the engineers or other users? Are your standalone web apps pulling in the updates and prompting the user to reload?

Sencha - Sencha Touch Dev Team Jacky Nguyen's Avatar
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    Jacky Nguyen has a spectacular aura about Jacky Nguyen has a spectacular aura about

Delta updating works when your app is added to Home Screen, the same way when it's running within the browser's chrome view. Just remember to run "sencha app build production" again when you've finished making changes, so deltas are regenerated.
    Sencha Touch Lead Architect

Sencha User
    Answers
    Vote Rating
    aoathout is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jacky. I will assume this is user error unless I can find something that justifies a bug report. Very impressed my friend. I remember you showing us all this delta update at Senchacon. Glad it made its way into the GA release.

Thread Participants: 1