Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    silcreval is on a distinguished road

Default function() does not exist error with 4.1b3

function() does not exist error with 4.1b3

I have a large application that works OK under 4.1b2 with minor issues.

However under 4.1b3 I start to see errors indicating that functions defined in my
    own classes dont exist.

I have several classes which are created with Ext.define('') but are not derived from
    any other class. These are generally functional classes which are used in the application.

I have a config: defined and a constructor which calls initConfig().

This all works fine in Ext 4.0 and up to 4.1b2 but suddenly fails in 4.1b3. Looking with
    firebug, I notice that some of the functions defined in the class look like they havent
    been properly defined in the class. They appear as 'function()' but there is no info.

Other functions have a + which I can click on which give information on the function
    name, etc.

I also see a lot of new booleans _isBlahInitialized for variables 'Blah' that I've put in
    config.

Any ideas what I should look for?

Sencha - Senior Forum Manager mitchellsimoens's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute mitchellsimoens has a reputation beyond repute

Using this class:

Code:
    Ext.define('MyClass', {
        config : {
            foo      : 'bar',
            name     : 'mitch',
            country  : 'usa',
            employer : 'Sencha',
            obj      : {
                hello : 'hi'
            }
        },

constructor : function(config) {
            config = config || {};

this.initConfig(config);

this.callParent([config]);
        }
    });
    When I create the class I see all the getter/setter methods from each of the config object keys. I'm not too sure what you are meaning.

The _is*Initialized keys are just to tell the class that the config key has been dealt with.
    Mitchell Simoens @SenchaMitch
    Sencha Inc, Senior Forum Manager

Think my support is good? Get more personalized support via a support subscription. https://www.sencha.com/store/

Need more help with your app? Hire Sencha Services services@sencha.com

Want to learn Sencha Touch 2? Check out Sencha Touch in Action that is in print!

When posting code, please use BBCode's CODE tags.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

My class is very similar to the above - but there are around 300 functions defined

myfunc: function(){
    return somevalue;
    },

etc

about 280 functions are fine but for some reason about 20 dont work. so if I do

this.myfunc()

I get the message function does not exist. There doesnt seem to be any logic to the
    functions that work and dont, in many cases very similar functions one works one
    doesnt.

One of the problem functions is called getWidth()

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Strangely - the class actually looses functions over time.

It works near perfectly in 4.1b2 so not sure what changed from b2 to b3 that would affect this.

Sencha - Community Support Team mankz's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all mankz is a name known to all

This sounds scary, can you post a test case?

Vote Rating
    skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future skirtle has a brilliant future

Does this happen consistently across all browsers or is it specific to certain browsers?

Do the functions that disappear have names that coincide with framework function names? No idea why this would matter but you mention getWidth and it got me thinking.

Ext JS Premium Member
    Vote Rating

The problem occurred in Firefox and Chrome but not IE for some reason. I reworked the function to a generic javascript class and it works fine now.