1. #1
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    257
    Vote Rating
    8
    bseddon will become famous soon enough

      0  

    Default Importing stores and models

    Importing stores and models


    I've created a sample ExtJS application using the designer and am now using it to become familiar with porting to Sencha Touch. The application has a couple of stores and models so these can be re-created manually. But in a real application with many stores/models it's going to be ideal to be able to share these components between implementations. Is it currently possible to export/import stores and models.

    Because I was not able to find an option I explored copying the existing models by updating the meta data which is easy as it only requires that the respective uuid is updated. Are you able to say whether store/model import export is likely to be available by release? I ask to find out if I should plan to create a utility to copy store/model changes.

  2. #2
    Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    9,105
    Vote Rating
    114
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

      0  

    Default


    It's on the list and something that we are aware needs to happen.

    However it currently does not have high priority in terms of some of the other major issues we'd like to resolve.
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

  3. #3
    Sencha Premium Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Guatemala, Central America
    Posts
    1,261
    Vote Rating
    79
    ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough ssamayoa is a jewel in the rough

      0  

    Default


    Quote Originally Posted by aconran View Post
    It's on the list and something that we are aware needs to happen.

    However it currently does not have high priority in terms of some of the other major issues we'd like to resolve.
    A "hacky" way could be copying metadata files then add them manually to XSD?
    UI: Sencha Architect 3.x / ExtJS 4 & 5
    Server side: JEE / EJB 3.x / CDI / JPA 2.x/ JAX-RS / JasperReports
    Application Server: Glassfish / WildFly
    Databases: Oracle / DB2 / MySQL / Firebird

    If you like my answer please vote!

  4. #4
    Ext JS Premium Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    354
    Vote Rating
    5
    stewardsencha is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default


    It sorta negates using the tool to do anything quickly, doesn't it?

    "Save Project As". One template app containing all models and stores. Copy it to start a new app, and delete everything you won't be using.

    ORMs can generate fields, columns, validations, associations etc. The format is text (thank you!). All we need are some guidelines/docs.

    I'm loving it and I'm hating it. It really helps and it really hinders.

    I think its one of those 90% things. You can spend the rest of your life trying to get that last 10%. But you can't generate perfect code. We humans can screw you up too many ways.

    Let us swap text in as well as swapping out. From live codebase to SA projects.

  5. #5
    Sencha User
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Boulder Colorado
    Posts
    6
    Vote Rating
    0
    rdahiya is on a distinguished road

      0  

    Default attempting to import stores and models from one architect project to another

    attempting to import stores and models from one architect project to another


    I'm using architect 2.1.0 bld 678 and I have 2 projects I'd like to combine.

    One project is called STORES has many stores and models along with a store panel with a collection of tab panels that display the store data. The other project is called ADMIN and it has an application user interface but no stores and models configured. What steps can I take to merge these 2 projects together so that the ADMIN project has the stores and models from the STORE project?

    TOOLBOX MAYBE?
    I've tried adding the STORE project store panel to the toolbox in Architect and then adding the store panel to the ADMIN project. The stores and models are added to the ADMIN project but the store and model names are lost.