Looks like we can't reproduce the issue or there's a problem in the test case provided.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    Steve_Terry is on a distinguished road

@aconran

Hey sorry about the delay, but what you mentioned led me in exactly the right direction.

I exported the project and looked over the main view code and inside the main view the override class was not being included as a "required".

So it looked like the following below...

Code:
    requires: [
            'testProg.view.testPanel',
        ],
    I simply changed the main view code to the following and it is working correctly now...

Code:
    requires: [
            'testProg.view.testPanel',
            'testProg.view.override.testPanel'
        ],
    Although the issue will still remain that every time I export, the change I created will be wiped since that file is the designer owned file.

Are there any extra steps that is necessary to take when creating the override classes inside Designer besides just clicking the create Override button?

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

If you've created an override and the override has different contents than what is the default, it should be included in the application file.

Could you provide us a project that illustrates this bug?
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team