Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    jeffj@sstelco.com is on a distinguished road

Default Hangs on open of any project

Hangs on open of any project

Hi,

Windows 7 64-bit.

I've been developing/testing with Sencha Designer 2, whatever the latest auto update was. This morning, none of my projects would open. I tried several things and eventually uninstalled and reinstalled Designer 2.

I still have the same problem. Ext Designer opens projects fine, but Sencha Designer hangs when I try to open any project.

I get the welcome page asking to choose a project, and I have tried all of my existing projects, ext js, and touch 2.0 and all attempts to open or create a project fail. The icon disappears from my application list at the bottom of the screen. Sencha designer can be found in my task list, but nothing displays.

I don't even know where to start. It's been working great for weeks, and I am not aware of anything having changed today.

Thanks,
    Jeff

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bharatn is on a distinguished road

Hi Jeff,

What is your current build#? You can get that from About menu.
    Also could you send us a project that doesnt open at designer dot feedback @ sencha.com.

Thanks
    Bharat Nagwani
    Sencha Designer Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi Bharat,

Actually, I can't get to the About menu because it won't open past the welcome screen.

On the welcome screen, it says Version 2.0.0 Build 311

When I click New Projects -> Ext JS 4.0.x (or Sencha Touch 2.0.x) the welcome panel drops, the application icon drops out, and no application window ever draws.

I would be happy to send you any logs or debugging info you want, if you can tell me where to find it. I'm not very strong on OS stuff.

Best,
    Jeff

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Just a quick add. I have a virtual machine (winxp) I use for testing. I downloaded sencha designer 2.0 there, and I am able to launch and open my current projects with no problem from that. So the issue is strictly with my main development laptop.

I really need to have this working, I can work around using the virtual machine, but it is inconvenient and slower.

Any suggestions on debugging methods, etc?

Best,
    Jeff

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

Jeff -

Please do the following. Zip up the directory below depending on your operating system and send it to us. After zipping it up, delete it and reinstall the designer.

Windows XP
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Designer 2.0\

Windows Vista/7
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Sencha, Inc\Sencha Designer 2.0\

Linux
    ~/.local/share/data/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer 2.0/

Mac OS X
    ~/Library/Application Support/Sencha, Inc./Sencha Designer 2.0/
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Sencha User
    Vote Rating

Hi Aaron,

Deleting that directory and reinstalling fixed the problem, thanks for that.

I have the zip before the delete, but it's ~35mb. Do you need it all? If so, where should I send it?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Sencha - Architect Dev Team aconran's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold aconran is a splendid one to behold

The whole thing could help us diagnose what the problem may be...

Send it to designer.feedback at sencha.com and reference this thread.

Thanks,
    Aaron Conran
    @aconran
    Sencha Architect Development Team

Thread Participants: 2