Thank you for reporting this bug. We will make it our priority to review this report.
    Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating
    mtraynham is on a distinguished road

Default GXT 3.0 Beta 4, ValueBaseField not capturing KeyUp or KeyPress events for Enter Key

GXT 3.0 Beta 4, ValueBaseField not capturing KeyUp or KeyPress events for Enter Key

This worked in 3.0 Beta 3. Try the code:

Code:
    import com.google.gwt.core.client.EntryPoint;
    import com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.KeyCodes;
    import com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.KeyUpEvent;
    import com.google.gwt.event.dom.client.KeyUpHandler;
    import com.google.gwt.user.client.Window;
    import com.google.gwt.user.client.ui.RootPanel;
    import com.sencha.gxt.widget.core.client.form.TextField;

public class TestEnterKey implements EntryPoint {
        public void onModuleLoad() {
            TextField textField = new TextField();
            textField.addKeyUpHandler(new KeyUpHandler() {
                public void onKeyUp(KeyUpEvent event) {
                    if(event.getNativeKeyCode() == KeyCodes.KEY_ENTER) {
                        Window.alert("Enter key pressed");
                    }
                }
            });
            RootPanel.get().add(textField);
        }
    }

Vote Rating
    PhiLho is on a distinguished road

Related: KeyPressEvent UiHandler no longer works in Beta4
    KeyUp wasn't working for me in Beta 3...

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Ahh thanks for the post. I believe it was working for me in Beta 3, I'll check for clarification. Debugging it a bit, doesn't seem like this event is fired at a lower level of ValueBasedField, (Field<T>). Possible focus wonkiness here?

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Well it does work in Beta 3, but there is an issue with focus and Enter. You can type whatever into the field and the event works fine, yet Enter is not captured, unless you mouse click the text field again (refocus).

Beta 4 doesn't capture Enter at all. Will try with Trunk SVN.

Sencha Premium Member
    Vote Rating

Boo. Premium memberships don't permit SVN read-only access for 3.0+, atleast I couldn't find the repository.

Vote Rating

Yes, by "not working for me in Beta 3", I meant it wasn't usable for this usage, exactly for the scenario you describe (need to hit Enter twice with refocus). I was happy to see that keyPressed worked, but this one was broken too in Beta4.

The TextButton Focus / Tab Index Issue topic is somehow related...

Vote Rating
    WesleyMoy is on a distinguished road

This is occurring because of the default behaviour of GWT's AbstractInputCell and AbstractCell, from which our field cells inherit.

When a keydown, keyup, or keypress occurs on an element managed by a cell, the onBrowserEvent method is called on that cell. That method then calls its superclass's onBrowserEvent, which in turn calls that class's superclass's onBrowserEvent. This continues up the inheritance chain.

When AbstractCell.onBrowserEvent is called, it checks to see whether the event is a keydown and the key is Enter. When that occurs, it calls onEnterKeyDown. That method, implemented in AbstractInputCell, attempts to finish editing and blur the element (that is, remove editing focus). However, this means that by the time the Enter key is released, the element no longer has focus and the cell will not be receiving the keyup or keypress events.

As a workaround, you can subclass an Ext GWT field cell and override onEnterKeyDown to do nothing. This will prevent the cell from finishing editing and blurring, which means that keyup and keypress are fired. However, this also means that the value in that field will not be updated when a user presses Enter, and that the user will have to move focus away from the field by pressing tab or clicking outside the field for the value of that field to be updated.

Vote Rating

Thanks for the detailed analysis. Looks like the bug should be filled at Google, instead...

I find strange that a default behavior, both in desktop applications, and in lot of Web applications, is so hard to implement properly. And the solution you suggest doesn't seem very satisfying either (as needing user interaction).
    Somehow, the behavior I want on Enter is to move the focus to the form button marked as default (can be, traditionally, OK or even Cancel, can be some other button too, eg. Add) and action it.
    Of course, it means that the controls are aware they are part of a form, so they can delegate the action to this form which in turn activates the default button. Not sure if that fits in the current GXT / GWT model.

Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    bbg is on a distinguished road

Question

Why don't u just override onEnterKeyDown in the com.sencha.gxt.cell.core.client.AbstractEventInputCell and fire a new event from there?

Vote Rating
    WesleyMoy is on a distinguished road

Premium memberships do include read-only SVN access. I'll PM you the address, mtraynham.

film izle

hd film izle

film sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

takipci kazanma sitesi

güzel olan herşey

takipci alma sitesi

komik eğlenceli videolar