Success! Looks like we've fixed this one. According to our records the fix was applied for EXTGWT-1637 in 3.0 RC.
    Sencha User
    Vote Rating
    audra is on a distinguished road

Default ComboBox styling

ComboBox styling

Hi,

I'm having trouble assigning a new appearance to a ComboBox itself... Please advise.

TriggerFieldCell has an appearance related constructor... but none exists for ComboBox or ComboBoxCell.

Thanks,
    Audra

Vote Rating
    WesleyMoy is on a distinguished road

To change the appearance of TriggerFieldCell and ComboBoxCell throughout your app, you'll need to do the following:
    1. Create an appearance that implements TriggerFieldCellAppearance
    2. Add a rebind rule to your module XML file

It sounds like you already have the first half done. At this point, add a rebind rule to your module XML file:

Code:
    <replace-with class="your.fully.qualified.appearance.class.name.Here">
      <when-type-is class="com.sencha.gxt.cell.core.client.form.TriggerFieldCell.TriggerFieldAppearance" />
    </replace-with>
    This will replace the appearance of all TriggerFieldCells and their subclasses.

To replace the appearance of a single instance of a ComboBoxCell, you will need to subclass ComboBoxCell and set the value of the appearance field inherited from TriggerFieldCell. This can probably be done easily enough using an anonymous inner class.

That being said, I've filed an API review ticket against the team to see whether ComboBoxCell should indeed have a constructor that accepts an appearance. This review will give us a chance to take a moment to ensure that the current design is what we intended. I'll post a reply here if we decide to make any changes.

Sencha - GXT Dev Team darrellmeyer's Avatar
    Vote Rating
    darrellmeyer is on a distinguished road

I have added constructors to both ComboBoxCell and ComboBox that take a TriggerFieldAppearance. Change is in SVN.

Vote Rating
    WesleyMoy is on a distinguished road

This enhancement has been added in the Ext GWT 3.0 Release Candidate. Please upgrade your copy of Ext GWT and try your scenario again. While we're confident that we've addressed this issue, please reply if you notice any continued problems after upgrading. Again, thanks for taking the time to report this issue.

Thread Participants: 2